file about agravated+normal damage

18 May 2013 09:44 #48670 by Reyda

Gwydd bleeds with kindred spirits, gets blocked, playes dawn op. Opponent is at one blood. Gwydd plays crows, then comas, preventing thexopponents strike with fortitude.

Strike resolution comes before damage handling, so non-damage effects go first. (This is why, for example, 'steal blood' effects move counters before damage is handled.)

The opponent takes the Coma in the face, wounding them.

The opponent then handles the damage. Assuming Crows was at superior (2 damage) and the hand strike was for 1 damage:

The vampire is already wounded, so the first point of aggravated damage takes the blood on the vampire, burned to avoid destruction.

The second point of aggravated damage burns the vampire.

The third is overkill, since the vampire is now little bits of ash and bone on the floor.

What third point ? If Gwyedd is striking with coma, he's not striking "hands" at the same time :silly:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2013 10:34 - 18 May 2013 10:35 #48676 by blackday
i admit your right,although the effect is still a burned minion by the two agg damage and Coma.
Last edit: 18 May 2013 10:35 by blackday.

More
28 Sep 2013 05:51 #54444 by Madzar

Additionally, it's important to know how damage to an already-wounded vampire is handled for other situations. For example, my Force of Will is unexpectedly blocked. During combat, I get sent to torpor with zero blood from a large non-aggravated strike (for example). After resolution, I take 1 agg damage (superior Force of Will). That burns me, because I'm already wounded.

What happens if you get sent to torpor with blood still left on the vampire (say via entombment)? Do you get burned or the vampire just loses 1 blood to prevent destruction by Force of will?

More
28 Sep 2013 13:24 #54458 by Ankha

Additionally, it's important to know how damage to an already-wounded vampire is handled for other situations. For example, my Force of Will is unexpectedly blocked. During combat, I get sent to torpor with zero blood from a large non-aggravated strike (for example). After resolution, I take 1 agg damage (superior Force of Will). That burns me, because I'm already wounded.

What happens if you get sent to torpor with blood still left on the vampire (say via entombment)? Do you get burned or the vampire just loses 1 blood to prevent destruction by Force of will?

Rulebook:

"For each point of aggravated damage that is successfully inflicted on a wounded vampire, he must burn a blood to prevent his destruction."

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Madzar

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds