file Torpor

03 Jul 2013 19:36 - 03 Jul 2013 19:37 #50932 by Josephdmorse
Replied by Josephdmorse on topic Re: Torpor
Good point. Better to save the blood and continue the fight.

Prince of Toledo
Last edit: 03 Jul 2013 19:37 by Josephdmorse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jul 2013 20:12 #50933 by self biased
Replied by self biased on topic Re: Torpor

Add that vampires in torpor untap normally. So if your vampire is untapped and another of your vampires rescues him, he must hunt immediately after. You should think twice about rescuing an empty vampire: if the rescue succeeds but the hunt is blocked and your vampire sent back to torpor, you have spent two blood for nothing.

i'm reasonably sure hunting is mandatory if the vampire was ready at the start of the turn. minions in torpor are by definition not ready.

More
03 Jul 2013 20:20 - 03 Jul 2013 20:20 #50934 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Torpor

i'm reasonably sure hunting is mandatory if the vampire was ready at the start of the turn. minions in torpor are by definition not ready.

A vampire without blood must hunt if he can take an action. Being ready or not at the start of the turn change nothing on the matter.

Rulebook :

Note that a ready vampire with no blood must hunt (and cannot take any action except the hunt action).

In particular, empty untapped malkavian may be forced to hunt during another player turn if the Malkavian Madness Network is in play. An empty vampire with an Enkil Cog is not forced to tap the Enkil cog to hunt however.

Also of note, the Ankou cannot take his special action to burn a vampire if he is empty, because he cannot take action other than hunt.
Last edit: 03 Jul 2013 20:20 by Ohlmann.

More
03 Jul 2013 20:24 #50935 by self biased
so the minion phase grinds to a halt if there's any "mandatory actions?" if i have three vampires out, and one in torpor with no blood that gets rescued, my other minions can't act until the one with no blood hunts?

More
03 Jul 2013 20:29 #50937 by Ohlmann
Replied by Ohlmann on topic Re: Torpor
Yes. If you have an empty vampire, you must make him hunt immediatly, and cannot make other vampire take action before.

More
03 Jul 2013 21:23 #50938 by self biased
huh. we've been playing that waaay wrong, then.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds