file Does Eagle's Sight allow a block to succeed against Elder Imersonation at suerior?

25 Jul 2013 00:13 - 25 Jul 2013 00:15 #52197 by Tdog
There are other similar effects, but really, what kinds of "normal target restrictions" does eagle's sight work against?
Crocodile's Young/Aching beauty style effects?
Older/Younger vamires can't block?
I need to be reeducated on this one. I swear I used to be able to answer this one myself, but the knowledge is no longer in my brain...
[my keyboard is busted, guess which letter doesn't work...]
Last edit: 25 Jul 2013 00:15 by Tdog. Reason: keyboard malfunction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2013 00:24 #52198 by Azel
Elder Impersonation adds a clause preventing that minion from doing so again, "That minion cannot attempt to block this action again."

Eagle's Sight just allow you to ignore the normal targeting restrictions, "This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action, ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions."

The former clause supersedes the other, as it is not a normal targeting restriction.

More
25 Jul 2013 00:54 #52201 by Tdog
That totally makes sense. Given that clause, Elder Im {and cards with like text, such as sychomachia} defeats the other similar raction cards: namely Black Sunrise, Falcon's Eye and Read the Winds, correct?

More
25 Jul 2013 01:19 - 25 Jul 2013 01:20 #52202 by the1andonlime
Just remember that in VtES, when two effects contradict each other, "cannot" trumps "can".

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz
Last edit: 25 Jul 2013 01:20 by the1andonlime.

More
25 Jul 2013 04:11 #52208 by Klaital
Eagle's Sight superior simply allows the reacting vampire to attempt to block cross table stuff, like D actions towards other people and cross table undirected actions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jamesatzephyr

More
25 Jul 2013 06:22 #52223 by Pascal Bertrand
Azel's answer regarding Elder Impersonation is correct.

However, I still think Eagle's Sight (and Falcon's Eye, for what it's worth) need some clarification (based on what is written above).

Name: Eagle's Sight
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Auspex
[aus] +1 intercept.
[AUS] This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action, ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions.

Name: Falcon's Eye
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Spiritus/Animalism
[ani] This vampire burns 1 blood to get +1 intercept.
[spi] +1 intercept.
[SPI] This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action, ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions.

These two cards declare block attempts. They don't "allow you to block that action", they actually read "Carna / Howler is now attempting to block". Yes, that gives the opportunity to the acting vampire to play cards such as Change of Target, Kiss of Ra, or Elder Impersonation.

As a result, you can't really "cycle for the purpose of cycling / fishing for better cards" an Eagle's Sight on a 0-stealth action you don't want to block. Because you'd now be attempting to block it.

Now, something else that can be important sometimes: Once a combat is over, Eagle's Sight's block attempt is resolved. If you want to block again (say the acting vampire played Form of Mist), you are no longer an eligible blocker. Eagle's Sight's "ignore eligible blockers" block attempt is gone.

That's one of the biggest differences between Eagle's Sight and Anneke - Anneke's ability is passive, and can be applied several times each action.

Name: Anneke
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Toreador
Group: 1
Capacity: 10
Discipline: dom AUS CEL PRE
Camarilla Toreador Justicar: Anneke may attempt to block a vampire controlled by another Methuselah, ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions. +1 bleed.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds