lock Govern, Ghouled, Imbued...

28 Jul 2013 05:53 - 28 Jul 2013 05:58 #52383 by Boris The Blade

PS: Govern says "..to a younger vampire...". Imbued are not vampires. They are mortal allies.
So, no.

It is not so simple. There are cards that are written "vampires" but that can target Imbued, and the whole rulings section in the Imbued rules is dedicated to it. The rule of thumb is: if you can see what you are targeting, then vampire means vampire. If you cannot, then vampire means crypt card.

Govern the Unaligned targets cards in your uncontrolled region, and you can look at those at any time, so vampire really means vampire in that case, and it cannot target an Imbued.

EDIT: it seems that card texts online have been updated to replace all the wrong "vampire" with "uncontrolled minion" or something similar, but many of those cards have never been reprinted.
Last edit: 28 Jul 2013 05:58 by Boris The Blade.
The topic has been locked.
More
28 Jul 2013 09:39 #52390 by Ankha

Copying and pasting the text of cards is a lot of work when you want a simple and quick answer, I am asking a question not writing a book.

Oh yeah. I suppose your brain hurts so much you can't you the search function, and your fingers so swallowed that pressing CTRL-C is a nightmare.
Or you're just rude and lazy. Be thankful some people still had the time you didn't spent to answer your question.

From now on I will ask in other forums as this one seems to be... uptight.

If you find such a forum where you can be disrespectful and still ask questions, please go there.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka
More
28 Jul 2013 20:33 - 30 Jul 2013 15:27 #52412 by jamesatzephyr

As it stands, the Nights of Reckoning set is the biggest rules addendum so far and for what? A handful of minions that are all in the same group with what appears to be no future releases for it, admit it as a mistake and ban the damned things now and move on with lessons learned or get creative and build on it for better or worse.

Hi there. You may not have noticed, but this is the forum for rules questions, not the one for campaigning for bans.
Last edit: 30 Jul 2013 15:27 by jhattara. Reason: Derogatory comments removed
More
28 Jul 2013 22:26 #52414 by self biased

An action taken to move pool onto an uncontrolled minion in the crypt is evidently NOT a recruitment action despite the fact that by description that is exactly what you are doing with cards like Govern. If this is a living game and we expect to see other expansions in the future that do not focus primarily on vampires this might need to be clarified.

i mean, i get that's largely the end result, but an action that puts counters on cards in your crypt is just that: an action that puts counters on cards in your crypt. A recruit action is pretty specific in its scope:

6.1.5. Recruit Ally (+1 stealth)

Allies are action cards that become minions in their own right, capable of acting and blocking independently of the minion that recruits them. The recruit ally action has a default +1 stealth.

To recruit an ally from your hand, play the card and tap the acting minion. If the action is successful, the ally is placed in your uncontrolled region, even though it is controlled, to indicate that it cannot act this turn (and the cost, if any, is paid). If the action is unsuccessful, the card is burned (see Resolve the Action, sec. 6.2.3). Only one ally card can be recruited per action. Note that allies brought into play by other means are able to act on the same turn, by default.

At the end of the turn, any allies that were placed in your uncontrolled region (to indicate that they cannot act) are moved to your ready region.
When an ally is brought into play (by any means), he receives blood counters from the blood bank to represent his life (listed on the ally's card). When an ally loses his last life counter, he is burned. If recruiting the ally requires a Discipline and the ally is put into play by some means other than recruiting, use the normal version of the ally, if it is different than the superior.

More
28 Jul 2013 23:56 #52416 by KevinM

Copying and pasting the text of cards is a lot of work when you want a simple and quick answer, I am asking a question not writing a book.

Then you shouldn't ask questions when you haven't even taken the time to respect the card and the game by reading it.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017
More
29 Jul 2013 02:55 #52423 by brettscho
Wow, three very rude responses from active and upstanding members of our community (one an admin!). Good thing that VTES has so many players that our community can afford to alienate (new?) players by calling them stupid and lazy.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds