lock Govern, Ghouled, Imbued...

27 Jul 2013 19:43 #52365 by edminister
Can I Govern down an Imbued and modify the action with Ghouled?
The topic has been locked.
More
27 Jul 2013 20:09 #52366 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Re: Govern, Ghouled, Imbued...
An imbued is not a younger vampire.

therefore you can't play govern superior on it.

And even if you could (with another sort of card yet to be created) it would not be a "recruit" action and so you couldn't modify it with ghouled.
More
27 Jul 2013 20:10 #52367 by Brum
Replied by Brum on topic Re: Govern, Ghouled, Imbued...
Please copy+paste the text of the cards you ask questions about.

Like this:

Name: Govern the Unaligned
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Dominate
[dom] (D) Bleed with +2 bleed.
[DOM] +1 stealth action. Move 3 blood from the bank to a younger vampire in your uncontrolled region.

Thank you.

PS: Govern says "..to a younger vampire...". Imbued are not vampires. They are mortal allies.
So, no.
More
27 Jul 2013 21:54 #52369 by edminister
Copying and pasting the text of cards is a lot of work when you want a simple and quick answer, I am asking a question not writing a book. I get it for obscure cards and whatnot but this was more a concept question. You will note that an answer was given before you insisted that descriptions be listed. From now on I will ask in other forums as this one seems to be... uptight.

An action taken to move pool onto an uncontrolled minion in the crypt is evidently NOT a recruitment action despite the fact that by description that is exactly what you are doing with cards like Govern. If this is a living game and we expect to see other expansions in the future that do not focus primarily on vampires this might need to be clarified.

As it stands, the Nights of Reckoning set is the biggest rules addendum so far and for what? A handful of minions that are all in the same group with what appears to be no future releases for it, admit it as a mistake and ban the damned things now and move on with lessons learned or get creative and build on it for better or worse. I was simply asking to see if there was some way to integrate them into what is already a solid game mechanic a little better than bringing a couple out, screwing about with convictions for 20 minutes while the rest of the table pulls up rules addendums on their phones, and then dropping gehenna events that don't affect them because of their semi-ally status. It's boring and the only other practical use for them other than generating table hate is to roll with weapons, targets, and disciplineless actions and combat cards which simply cannot stand in the face of real combat decks.
More
27 Jul 2013 22:31 #52370 by ReverendRevolver
If you want quirky modified imbued, putrescent servitude makes them able to play potence(not just potence strike like craptastic ghouled) and i think it gives an extra life.......

Anyway, its a really shitty card. Thats why they mentioned copy n paste, it is kinda obscure, and it does help since most people dont remember what ghouled says.
Some cards are better than you assume when first reading it. Ghouled is worse than you assume when first reading it...

And recruit is, as stated in the rules, an action to put an ally into play. Thus, with cards like the summoning, you could ghouled an ally not in your hand. But since even a govern to an imbued is never putting them into play, or described as recruiting, its not a recruit action.
More
28 Jul 2013 04:11 - 28 Jul 2013 04:12 #52377 by acbishop

Copying and pasting the text of cards is a lot of work when you want a simple and quick answer, I am asking a question not writing a book. I get it for obscure cards and whatnot but this was more a concept question. You will note that an answer was given before you insisted that descriptions be listed. From now on I will ask in other forums as this one seems to be... uptight.

Sometimes the fact that someone look for the card text and copy-paste it here makes that person read the cardtext. Several times the question is answered in the cardtext. And sometimes new players chech rules post, for them is quite complicated to know all the cards. So putting the cardtext is useful for the VTES community.

It's only two minutes for you but you can help other players with that. ;)

:vtes:
Last edit: 28 Jul 2013 04:12 by acbishop.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, D-dennis
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds