file Do you CE what I CE??

17 Sep 2013 21:53 #54130 by delangen
Hi

I was watching a game and saw something I considered suspect.

It was my understanding from reading:

6.4.5. Strike Effects
Combat Ends. This effect ends combat immediately.

That the non-acting, would not even get a strike and could not or should not be able to play his/her own combat ends or any other strike card.

Thank you kindly

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Sep 2013 22:17 #54131 by ReverendRevolver
Playing cards is before resolution. So, i can dodge, cycle my fast hands, etc even if you end combqt as a strike.

Afaik, i can body flare into rotschreck as well.

More
17 Sep 2013 22:52 #54132 by delangen
Replied by delangen on topic Re: Do you CE what I CE??
Well it says combat ends immediately. Next is non-acting choose strike step. I guess they meant immediately during the strike resolution step.

Should change it to kind of sort of immediately... well whenever you get around to it... during the strike resolution step.

I thought the impulse rule helped out with this one?

Thanks

More
17 Sep 2013 23:02 #54133 by delangen
Ahha the 'complete' rules reference shows the steps:

VI.HOW TO RESOLVE A COMBAT [6.4]
C.Strike. [6.4.3]
1.Minions announce their strikes (and targets, if applicable). [6.4.3.1]
a.Acting minion announces strike and target first. [6.4.3]
b.A ranged strike can target the opposing minion's retainer if the range is long. [6.4.7]
c.Strike modifiers must be played now (or earlier) to be effective. [RTR]
2.Resolve strikes. [6.4.3.2]
a.Strikes resolve in the following order. If both strikes are in the same class, then they resolve simultaneously.
NOTE: Dodge doesn't resolve; it cancels the effect of the opposing strike on the dodging minion and non-Retainer cards on him. [6.4.5]
i.Strike: Combat Ends. [6.4.5] (go to step E). Any other effect from this strike is applied after combat ends (except untapping, which is normally done before combat ends by card text).

More
17 Sep 2013 23:15 - 17 Sep 2013 23:42 #54134 by AaronC
Replied by AaronC on topic Re: Do you CE what I CE??

i.Strike: Combat Ends. [6.4.5] (go to step E).

A strike: combat ends does NOT end combat immediately, regardless of the what the rulebook says. Much confusion is due to this point.

"Combat ends" means that combat goes immediately to the "round ends" phase of combat, which is followed by the "combat ends" phase of combat. During those phases, you can still play appropriate combat cards.

As has been mentioned, a strike to end combat does not "end combat" until it resolves, which means cards can be played between the playing/declaration of the strike and its resolution.
Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 23:42 by AaronC.

More
17 Sep 2013 23:36 #54135 by delangen
Thanks.

So the Rot-shreck is still useable, good...and the burn gun effect of DB-rounds, I guess there is still an after strike resolution so it burns... ok good to know can still play these.

Ammo.
Only usable before resolution of a gun's strike. This gun inflicts +2 aggravated damage each strike for the remainder of this combat. Burn the gun after strike resolution. No more than one ammo card can be used on a gun each combat.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds