file Do you CE what I CE??

18 Sep 2013 01:55 #54137 by the1andonlime
Yes, DB rounds still burns the gun.
Also usable are cards like claws of the dead, chiropterean marauder et al.

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2013 03:18 - 18 Sep 2013 03:20 #54140 by Jussi
Replied by Jussi on topic Re: Do you CE what I CE??

Yes, DB rounds still burns the gun.
Also usable are cards like claws of the dead, chiropterean marauder et al.

Nope, combat ends before resolution of the gun strike - so Dragon Breath rounds don't burn the gun.

Both of the combatants choose a strike before resolution of strikes, so you can play S:CE if you are acting minion and then reacting minion can play strike (which can be S:CE as well). When combat reaches resolve strikes resolution then type of strike decides what happens - S:CE ends combat at this point (or, rather combat reaches "end of combat", which is also "end of round"). If either minion played a S:CE, and other minion chose to strike with gun+DB, then gun strike won't resolve and gun does not burn (you don't strike with the gun).

edit: clenaed up.

!bruj! :CEL: :POT: :PRE: :cap6:
----
Banging trashcans, breaking windows
We'll wake you up tonight

We like the good time, we scream and shout
And that's what fun's about
Last edit: 18 Sep 2013 03:20 by Jussi.

More
18 Sep 2013 04:07 #54142 by the1andonlime
Why wouldn't DBR burn the gun?

Name: Dragon's Breath Rounds
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U/PTo, Third:U, KoT:U]
Cardtype: Combat
Ammo.
Only usable before resolution of a gun's strike. This gun inflicts +2 aggravated damage each strike for the remainder of this combat. Burn the gun after strike resolution. No more than one ammo card can be used on a gun each combat.
Artist: Quinton Hoover; Steve Prescott

From what I see, "Burn the gun after strike resolution." is not "Burn the gun after resolving the gun's strike."

My understanding is:
Was there a strike resolution? Yes
Does DBR burn the gun after strike resolution? Yes

Suaku
Inceptor Asian Continental Championship
興っ
www.youtube.com/SuakuOz

More
18 Sep 2013 04:22 - 18 Sep 2013 04:22 #54144 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Do you CE what I CE??

From what I see, "Burn the gun after strike resolution." is not "Burn the gun after resolving the gun's strike."

Your two sentences mean exactly the same thing.

Since the gun's strike doesn't reach resolution, the DBR doesn't trigger at all.

groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr#!msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/_Rh8P34zTZo/u-WavRjp5uYJ

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 18 Sep 2013 04:22 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jussi

More
18 Sep 2013 05:25 #54151 by Pascal Bertrand

During each pair of strikes, the minions first choose their respective strikes (the acting minion first, then his opponent), and then the strikes are resolved

That the non-acting [if the acting plays a S:CE], would not even get a strike and could not or should not be able to play his/her own combat ends or any other strike card.

Incorrect. Acting declares his or her strike (eventually with Target Vitals), then reacting declares his or her strike (eventually with Target Vitals), then acting can play DBR, then reacting can play DBR. Then we start resolving each strik (first SCEs, then first strikes, then regular strikes).

[If acting plays a S:CE] Afaik, i can body flare into rotschreck as well.

Correct.

Well it says combat ends immediately. Next is non-acting choose strike step. I guess they meant immediately during the strike resolution step.

As for all cards, its effect is applied when it resolves.
Strike and action cards are the only ones that don't resolve when they are played (that is, if you play a base Govern the Unaligned, your prey doesn't instantly burn 3 pool; and when you play an Entombment, your opponent doesn't immediately go to torpor).

Should change it to kind of sort of immediately... well whenever you get around to it... during the strike resolution step.

I thought the impulse rule helped out with this one?

Impulse in combat won't help you much. It just says "who gets to play the next effect?", and it follows the usual "acting first, opponent next, and clockwise afterwards".

So the Rot-shreck is still useable, good...and the burn gun effect of DB-rounds, I guess there is still an after strike resolution so it burns... ok good to know can still play these

DBR inflicts extra damage and burns the gun in the gun strike's resolution. Not in "any strike resolution that happens this round".
Especially:
- If your opponent plays a S:CE, your gun won't burn to DBR.
- If your opponent plays a S:CE, your opponent won't instantly take 2 agg damage
- If your opponent steals your gun with first strike, your gun won't burn (nor inflict damage, nor inflict 2 add agg damage)
- If your opponent plays Immortal Grapple, your gun won't burn, inflict agg damage, etc.

More
18 Sep 2013 05:50 #54154 by delangen
Replied by delangen on topic Re: Do you CE what I CE??
Ok let me get this straight, if you or I or anyone plays dragons breath round and it is OOT'd into rotschreck it doesn't burn the gun? Because combat ends?

Merci beaucoup

J'ai une autre question, mais je vas commencer une autre thread

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds