file couple of Anarch questions

20 Oct 2013 03:44 #55471 by nielvien
I have been playing VTES since Anarch Revolt came out but new to the forums here. I have a couple of Anarch questions:

1. I have an anarch vampire successfully play Fee Stake: Boston. Is it legal for me to have said anarch vampire play another Fee Stake? Say Fee Stake: Corte? If yes, does he benefit from both titles or just one?

2. As only anarch vampire can become barons, say an anarch vampire I have plays Patsy. it reads as "Requires a baron. Only usable if you control the Edge. Choose a titled non-anarch vampire. Successful referendum means that you burn the edge to remove that vampire's title and burn 2 pool from his or her controller." Can I play a card that requires an anarch such as "No Confidence", "CrimethInc" etc? I am thinking yes as a baron is an anarch vampire.

The majority of the cards that I have are from the Anarch expansion as well as the Twilight Rebellion so I am trying to maximize their use.

Thank you in advance and if above questions have been asked before, my apologies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2013 04:21 #55472 by nielvien
found the answer to the first one.

Rulebook: "No matter what sect, a vampire cannot have more than one title. If a vampire with a title gains another, he loses the first title, even if the new title would be a demotion." So I can have my anarch vampire play another but he only gets to keep the 2nd title. *insert face-palm*

how bout the 2nd question mates? any ideas? thanks and sorry for the bother.

More
20 Oct 2013 04:31 #55473 by brandonsantacruz
Doing Fee Stake, Firebrand, etc required an anarch, so Crimethink and No Confidence after such actions is appropriate.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: nielvien

More
20 Oct 2013 04:39 #55474 by D-dennis

how bout the 2nd question mates? any ideas? thanks and sorry for the bother.

A baron can play cards that require anarch (if he meets the other requirements of course, discipline, clans, capacity ...)
Only anarch vampires can become baron. If a baron would lose his or her anarch status, xe would no longer be a baron.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nielvien

More
20 Oct 2013 05:33 #55475 by drnlmza

Doing Fee Stake, Firebrand, etc required an anarch, so Crimethink and No Confidence after such actions is appropriate.

And the obligatory rulings post by LSJ is here.

--
National Coordinator
South Africa
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
20 Oct 2013 07:10 #55477 by Pascal Bertrand

I have been playing VTES since Anarch Revolt came out but new to the forums here. I have a couple of Anarch questions:

1. I have an anarch vampire successfully play Fee Stake: Boston. Is it legal for me to have said anarch vampire play another Fee Stake? Say Fee Stake: Corte? If yes, does he benefit from both titles or just one?

The Baron can play another Fee Stake. He would then lose the first Baron title (burn the card), and get the second one, as quoted from the rulebook.

2. As only anarch vampire can become barons, say an anarch vampire I have plays Patsy. it reads as "Requires a baron. Only usable if you control the Edge. Choose a titled non-anarch vampire. Successful referendum means that you burn the edge to remove that vampire's title and burn 2 pool from his or her controller." Can I play a card that requires an anarch such as "No Confidence", "CrimethInc" etc? I am thinking yes as a baron is an anarch vampire.

Correct. [LSJ 20060603]

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds