file couple of Anarch questions

20 Oct 2013 08:14 #55481 by cos
Replied by cos on topic Re: couple of Anarch questions
I'm curious, If a black hand vampire become anarch is he still considered black hand? I have a possible deck idea and might be using some black hand cards. Had a look through the rules but couldn't see anything specific, closest I got was losing titles when changing sects. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2013 08:46 #55482 by derjudge
Black Hand is a trait who does not depend of the sect.
Some decks use black hand/anarch combos (I think about this : www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=8766 ) . And one vampire (yazid tamari merged) is black hand,seraph, independant and anarch.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cos

More
20 Oct 2013 09:45 #55485 by jamesatzephyr

I'm curious, If a black hand vampire become anarch is he still considered black hand? I have a possible deck idea and might be using some black hand cards. Had a look through the rules but couldn't see anything specific, closest I got was losing titles when changing sects. Thanks in advance.

It depends on how and why they're Black Hand.

Black Hand itself is just a trait with no special rules. A crypt-card-vampire who is also Black Hand - say, Banjoko - keeps that trait regardless of sect or clan. For example, Banjoko with a Writ of Acceptance is a Camarilla Lasombra Black Hand Seraph.

However, most of the ways of becoming Black Hand include the words "...this Sabbat vampire..." or "...the Sabbat vampire with this card..." in the card text, or something similar. For example:
Blooding
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire.
Put this card on the acting vampire and move one blood from the blood bank to this vampire. This Sabbat vampire is Black Hand. A vampire can have only one Blooding.

For example, if you use this to make Black Annis (Nosferatu Antitribu) into a Black Hand member and then make her Anarch, she'll lose the benefit of Blooding. Anarch makes her Independent, so she's no longer "This Sabbat vampire" for Blooding's card text.

However:
Trophy: Chosen
Master. Trophy.
When this card is moved to a vampire, that vampire gains 4 blood, becomes Sabbat and untaps, or that vampire can choose to burn this card instead. The vampire with this card is Black Hand. If he or she was already Black Hand when receiving this card, he or she is a Seraph.

A vampire who is Black Hand because of Trophy: Chosen can change sect and still be Black Hand, because it just says "The vampire with this card", no reference to a sect requirement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cos

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds