file The Old 96er was a Beast of a Stake

23 Nov 2013 11:28 #56967 by Pascal Bertrand
Correct answers.
Beast goes to torpor, will suffer the "do not untap as normal" effect, and the Wooden Stake burns, and Beast is affected by the "do not untap" effect.

[This ruling is on my list of things to watch. I'm unhappy with it, but it is what it is]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Nov 2013 11:32 #56968 by Klaital

Correct answers.
Beast goes to torpor, will suffer the "do not untap as normal" effect, and the Wooden Stake burns, and Beast is affected by the "do not untap" effect.

[This ruling is on my list of things to watch. I'm unhappy with it, but it is what it is]

I don't really like it either, it would be lot more logical to me if the 'do not untap' part would be linked to the stake equipment card, and if you don't have it anymore then it doesn't apply.

More
26 Nov 2013 17:14 #57138 by LSJ

Correct answers.

I don't really like it either, it would be lot more logical to me if the 'do not untap' part would be linked to the stake equipment card, and if you don't have it anymore then it doesn't apply.

That would better fit the Frederick the Weak case, perhaps, but not the Beast case. Beast cannot have equipment because he's all rage thumbs. And rage thumbs won't poit a stake out of your chest.

The "logic" of the ruling is that the not leaving torpor part is a consequence of getting staked. But having the stake in your chest is not the same as being equipped with a stake. (cf. "The Shackled minion vs. the Gangrel who equips it. Although stake's text does a fine job distinguishing when it means the staked vampire and when it means the bearer).

Errata could bring better logic to bear in the first case (removing the onus of being "the staked vampire" if the equipment is transferred while the staked vampire remains in torpor, perhaps also restoring the reduction in rescue cost as well, depending on the nature of the rewritten terminology). Whether that nicety rises to the errata threshold is a question for the Team.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Brum, Lönkka, BenPeal, emime, Robert Goudie, D-dennis, jozxyqk, dude_PL, Dorrinal, Pendargon, Lech, wesile

More
26 Nov 2013 17:28 #57139 by ReverendRevolver

Correct answers.

That would better fit the Frederick the Weak case, perhaps, but not the Beast case. Beast cannot have equipment because he's all rage thumbs. And rage thumbs won't poit a stake out of your chest.

The "logic" of the ruling is that the not leaving torpor part is a consequence of getting staked. But having the stake in your chest is not the same as being equipped with a stake. (cf. "The Shackled minion vs. the Gangrel who equips it. Although stake's text does a fine job distinguishing when it means the staked vampire and when it means the bearer).

Errata could bring better logic to bear in the first case (removing the onus of being "the staked vampire" if the equipment is transferred while the staked vampire remains in torpor, perhaps also restoring the reduction in rescue cost as well, depending on the nature of the rewritten terminology). Whether that nicety rises to the errata threshold is a question for the Team.

Wow, this must be signigicant, since both cards are old and all, for Scott to take notice is pretty huge. Good to see you on here, LSJ.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, Robert Goudie

More
26 Nov 2013 17:38 #57141 by BenPeal

Wow, this must be signigicant, since both cards are old and all, for Scott to take notice is pretty huge. Good to see you on here, LSJ.

Announce your presence! :)

vekn.net/forum/10-news-and-announcements/595-announce-your-presence
The following user(s) said Thank You: Robert Goudie, wesile

More
26 Nov 2013 19:17 #57144 by Klaital
Wow, I managed to rouse LSJ from torpor!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds