file Alejandro Aguirre - on the qui vive

14 May 2014 14:07 #62362 by Lemminkäinen
I've done extremely well with a Gotsdam + Konrad Fleischer deck that Dawn Operates and plays Mind of the Wilds, Carrion Crows and Hidden Strength. In some versions I've also used Alejandro, but it is somewhat intensive to tap two Vampires just to get one opposing Vampire to torpor. People might stop blocking me but then they eat big bleeds and Dawn Operation is easy to cycle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 May 2014 15:40 - 14 May 2014 15:41 #62369 by jamesatzephyr

People might stop blocking me but then they eat big bleeds and Dawn Operation is easy to cycle.

It's usually at that point that I find people are bouncing my bleedzooka bleeds. :-( And it's a little harder to cycle the Dawn Ops and combat tech in that situation because both you and your grand-prey don't really want the action to be successful (generally speaking), but you also don't want to eat your grand-prey's face.

Possibly my play experiences have always had a high level of bounce, though. (Early on with friends, getting Ankara Citadel out and bouncing for free was considered the height of cool.)
Last edit: 14 May 2014 15:41 by jamesatzephyr.

More
14 May 2014 16:26 #62372 by ReverendRevolver

I've done extremely well with a Gotsdam + Konrad Fleischer deck that Dawn Operates and plays Mind of the Wilds, Carrion Crows and Hidden Strength. In some versions I've also used Alejandro, but it is somewhat intensive to tap two Vampires just to get one opposing Vampire to torpor. People might stop blocking me but then they eat big bleeds and Dawn Operation is easy to cycle.

I annexed Konrad into my Gotsdam deck about a year+ back. Gotsdam is one of my favorite vamps, and dawn op was the obvious choice for good combos.

I know theyve been catching on, but im still shocked that people play a deck with an oddball vamp ive been using since 2010.

Anyway, on q allows as untapped for blocking an reacting, so babble and tele misdirection are effects allowed by on q and a tapped vampire, and them tapping is a condition you "pay" in playing that card, technically. But on q says they can do 2 things as though being untapped, and those cards are one of those things you can do.

More
14 May 2014 19:08 #62375 by jamesatzephyr

Anyway, on q allows as untapped for blocking an reacting, so babble and tele misdirection are effects allowed by on q and a tapped vampire, and them tapping is a condition you "pay" in playing that card, technically. But on q says they can do 2 things as though being untapped, and those cards are one of those things you can do.

On the Qui Vive lets you play Telepathic Misdirection. It does not let you play superior Babble.
Telepathic Misdirection: Only usable when a minion is bleeding you, after blocks are declined. Tap this reacting vampire. Choose another Methuselah other than the acting minion's controller. The acting minion is now bleeding that Methuselah.

"Tap this reacting vampire" is an effect, and the effect of tapping a tapped vampire is allowed, redundantly.
Babble: Tap this vampire to untap another ready minion. Not usable by a blocking minion.

This is a cost, and so cannot be played under On the Qui Vive, as explained in the rulebook.

“Tap X to do Y”: Some cards use this wording, for instance: superior Bauble, Isanwayen. Such effects can’t be used by tapped minions, even by those “able to play cards as though untapped”. These effects require an untapped minion to be used. Conversely, “Tap X. Do Y” effects (for instance: Redirection) are usable by tapped minions “able to play cards as though untapped”.

("Superior Bauble" looks like a typo in the rulebook!)

Also, could you please, please spend the extra fifteen seconds required to make your posts resemble English, rather than expecting everyone else to decipher barely coherent txtspk because you can't be bothered? Thanks in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
14 May 2014 20:07 #62377 by ReverendRevolver
Compared to other issues, "on q" or "on the q" should be fairly decipherable. I have no access to anything other than my phone to do anything a normal human being would use a computer for. While that was not initially any issue, an update removed autocorrect from my browser keyboard ( as added insult, i still have most vtes wordage show up while messaging in autofill). So, i do apologize nominally for "c" becoming "x" and other fat finger related issues, but due to the nature of written human language in an electronic medium in the year 2014, acronyms are commonplace enough to not fall into the purview of "i fucked up words" like other issues. I should have capitalized "Q". Vtes has plenty of abbreviations, and i recognize the upper casing mattering, especially in instances of DoTs, MotS, and other things, and not matterimg in WWEF and similar things. But, of all my posts, i find it odd that this particular one is the hardest for you to read.

Also, thank you for clarifying cost vs extra effect, and reminding me why i dont play babble.

More
15 May 2014 03:08 #62390 by Lemminkäinen

I annexed Konrad into my Gotsdam deck about a year+ back. Gotsdam is one of my favorite vamps, and dawn op was the obvious choice for good combos.

I know theyve been catching on, but im still shocked that people play a deck with an oddball vamp ive been using since 2010.

What makes you think that this was a recent development on my part?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds