file Change of control during the action

01 May 2015 08:21 - 01 May 2015 08:22 #70800 by Pascal Bertrand

For a block attempt, it depends whether Methuselah A is an eligible blocker (E.g. you're down to three players, and this was an undirected action). If he is, then it's more interesting, and I'm not sure if I've seen the question come up before, so Pascal may want to chime in. Assume A is the prey of C, and has already passed on his right to block. Then B (C's predator) unexpectedly announces a block. Does A continue the block attempt, even though he's passed on his right to block? It's mostly less interesting if you reverse it - having someone later in the order of block attempts steal the vampier - because they could just re-announce the block attempt when it gets to their go to block, except that the initial block attempt might have been facilitated by a one-off effect - such as on a 5 player table, a cross-table 'ally' blocks with Eagle Sight (which provides a one-off 'break the rules' effect these days - its card text changed some years back from its earlier persistent effect), and the other cross-table 'ally' activates Temptation, so does the block attemtp continue or not? Hmm. In a tournament without a better answer, I'd be tempted to rule that the attempt continued uninterrupted, but I don't know.

I don't think I've ever seen it.

C (acting) > A (passed on declaring block attempts) > B (attempting block attempt).

Let's say that, in both cases (A takes control of B's vampire, or B takes control of A's vampire), the block attempt is cancelled (Crocodile's Tongue, Clan Loyalty).

Any gained intercept remains gained (unless if was only for the block attempt).

A has still declined declaring block attempts.
Impulse is on C's side.
Last edit: 01 May 2015 08:22 by Pascal Bertrand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.058 seconds