file fabrizia contreraz

12 Jul 2015 01:52 #72007 by Nac
fabrizia contreraz was created by Nac
hi

what does it mean fabrizia contreraz's text? we are not native english speakers so it was very weird to try to understand what did it mean?

Interpretation A: she loses votes when your prey controls a not ready camarilla vampire
Interpretation B: she loses votes then your prey doesn't control a ready camarilla.

(it was weird as the difference between no, not and non is not something we are thought in school)

Many thanks in advance

fabrizia contreraz

Sabbat Archbishop of Miami: If your prey controls no ready Camarilla vampires, Fabrizia gets two fewer votes in each referendum.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2015 02:03 #72009 by ruiza97
Replied by ruiza97 on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz
Interpretation A: she loses votes when your prey [does not]control a ready camarilla vampire

Prince of Dallas
Toreador Grand Ball: Dallas
August 13, 2022

More
12 Jul 2015 07:32 #72015 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz
Also: she has her 2 votes only while you prey controls a ready Camarilla vampire.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoRazorReign

More
13 Jul 2015 12:17 #72025 by enriquesmw
Replied by enriquesmw on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz

Also: she has her 2 votes only while you prey controls a ready Camarilla vampire.

But what happens when fabrizia prey player dont' control a vampire (i.e. all are in the uncontroled region)? for me she don't loose his votes, because the prey player don't control a no camarilla vampire

Sorry for ask, also i was the player playing fabrizia in 'nac' tables, so for me i hope to clarify this card.

Thx :)

More
13 Jul 2015 12:48 - 13 Jul 2015 12:49 #72026 by jamesatzephyr

But what happens when fabrizia prey player dont' control a vampire (i.e. all are in the uncontroled region)?

Fabrizia loses her votes.

for me she don't loose his votes, because the prey player don't control a no camarilla vampire

That would be more like "If your prey controls a non-Camarilla vampire, ..."

To get rid of the confusion about "no", "non-Camarilla", "none" etc., you can treat Fabrizia's text as saying "If the number of ready Camarilla vampires controlled by your prey is zero, Fabrizia gets two fewer votes in each referendum."

If your prey controls at least one ready Camarilla vampire, Fabrizia gets her normal votes. In all other circumstances, Fabrizia loses those votes.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 12:49 by jamesatzephyr.

More
13 Jul 2015 15:49 #72028 by enriquesmw
Replied by enriquesmw on topic Re: fabrizia contreraz

But what happens when fabrizia prey player dont' control a vampire (i.e. all are in the uncontroled region)?

Fabrizia loses her votes.

for me she don't loose his votes, because the prey player don't control a no camarilla vampire

That would be more like "If your prey controls a non-Camarilla vampire, ..."

To get rid of the confusion about "no", "non-Camarilla", "none" etc., you can treat Fabrizia's text as saying "If the number of ready Camarilla vampires controlled by your prey is zero, Fabrizia gets two fewer votes in each referendum."

If your prey controls at least one ready Camarilla vampire, Fabrizia gets her normal votes. In all other circumstances, Fabrizia loses those votes.

Ok, the problem is that in spanish for us (non english experts) the "no" word aplies to the rest of the sentence and not for the "controls", the explanation was in the spanish translation of the card, but again like you say the difference between no, non, not it's not clear for us

(please feel free to edit this post if i made some gramatical mistake thx)

www.vekn.net/images/stories/downloads/spanish/cardlist_esp.txt

The Spanish translate of the card it's prety clear:

"Arzobispo Sabbat de Miami: Si tu presa --no controla-- a ningún vampiro Camarilla, Fabrizia consigue 2 votos menos en cada referéndum."

not controls like you say :)

Thx

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds