file Hunt Actions

17 Aug 2015 20:17 #72575 by Kushiel
Hunt Actions was created by Kushiel
I noticed that the phrase "hunt action" doesn't appear anywhere in the rulebook. I assume that any effect that modifies a hunt in some way can also be applied to any card with that keyphrase on it, but I also thought that I'd better check to make sure that this is true. (And bring this up as a possible addition to the rulebook to avoid future questions.)

So, for example, I can:

1) Tap Sunset Strip during an Earth-Feeder action to get +1 stealth on that action, for a total of +3?
2) Gain two blood by successfully resolving Loki's Gift with a Sabbat vampire with Hungry Coyote in play?
3) Gain seven blood by having an anarch successfully perform Abactor while tapping both Hospital Food and Anarch Free Press?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Aug 2015 22:16 - 17 Aug 2015 22:19 #72576 by Jrandom
Replied by Jrandom on topic Re: Hunt Actions
I have been currently messing around with buffing hunting and I believe that you are correct. They would apply. You forget to include the Unlicensed Taxicab and Aaron's Feeding Razor in your list. ;)

My question is with regards to Igo the Hungry, who doesn't get the "usual" +1 stealth when hunting, so he doesn't get stealth for the basic hunt action, but would he that penalty apply to Loki's Gift? I would assume not, since that isn't "usual hunting".
Last edit: 17 Aug 2015 22:19 by Jrandom.

More
18 Aug 2015 01:19 #72577 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Hunt Actions

I have been currently messing around with buffing hunting and I believe that you are correct. They would apply. You forget to include the Unlicensed Taxicab and Aaron's Feeding Razor in your list. ;)

Yeah, it was just a few examples. Not meant to be an exhaustive list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jrandom

More
18 Aug 2015 01:33 #72578 by ReverendRevolver
Replied by ReverendRevolver on topic Re: Hunt Actions
All true stuff.
"The usual" is the inherent for the cardless action. He can abactor, lokis gift, and whatever with stealth per card text. "Gets -1 stealth on hunt actions" would void the stealth on cards.

Ariadne is my favorite hunt- buffer. Also, she gets abombwe, eats people, and takes thier skin to bleed 2 times a turn if you draw enough freak drives.....

So, yes to hospital food, press, hungry coyote, razor, ariadne, strip, taxicab, ravager, guruhi are the land, etc during earth feeder, abactor, lokis gift (obviously at PRO target still burns one regardless of what you gain), ghost eater, vultures buffet, week of nightmares/restricted vitae hunts (same as lokis at superior, target burns one, you gain modified amount).

Obviously, perfectionist also stacks, but now its getting excessive.

More
20 Aug 2015 16:44 #72623 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Hunt Actions

My question is with regards to Igo the Hungry, who doesn't get the "usual" +1 stealth when hunting, so he doesn't get stealth for the basic hunt action, but would he that penalty apply to Loki's Gift? I would assume not, since that isn't "usual hunting".

Correct.

More
20 Aug 2015 16:45 #72624 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Hunt Actions

I noticed that the phrase "hunt action" doesn't appear anywhere in the rulebook. I assume that any effect that modifies a hunt in some way can also be applied to any card with that keyphrase on it, but I also thought that I'd better check to make sure that this is true. (And bring this up as a possible addition to the rulebook to avoid future questions.)

So, for example, I can:

1) Tap Sunset Strip during an Earth-Feeder action to get +1 stealth on that action, for a total of +3?
2) Gain two blood by successfully resolving Loki's Gift with a Sabbat vampire with Hungry Coyote in play?
3) Gain seven blood by having an anarch successfully perform Abactor while tapping both Hospital Food and Anarch Free Press?

Yes to all.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds