file Hunt Actions

20 Aug 2015 16:47 #72625 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Hunt Actions
While you're at it, there's a big thing to notice : when a card reads "Hunt action. Gain 1 blood", the blood is taken from the blood bank (obviously).
When a card reads "Hunt. Steal 1 blood from a vampire", the blood is taken from the vampire.

Now, some cards read "gains an extra blood", "gains 1 additional blood", ... For these cards, the blood is taken, if nothing is written, from the same source (bank, other ravnos when Week of Nightmares is in play, ...)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Jrandom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Aug 2015 19:50 #72628 by Kushiel
Replied by Kushiel on topic Re: Hunt Actions

While you're at it, there's a big thing to notice : when a card reads "Hunt action. Gain 1 blood", the blood is taken from the blood bank (obviously).
When a card reads "Hunt. Steal 1 blood from a vampire", the blood is taken from the vampire.

Now, some cards read "gains an extra blood", "gains 1 additional blood", ... For these cards, the blood is taken, if nothing is written, from the same source (bank, other ravnos when Week of Nightmares is in play, ...)

True. There are numerous Usenet posts and rulings to this effect.

With regard to "hunt action," though, I couldn't find anything to clarify what the keyphrase denotes, nor any specific rulings related to it. (It's possible that they exist and I failed to find them, but I did try to do due diligence to find them before posting here.)

More
20 Aug 2015 21:28 #72629 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Hunt Actions

With regard to "hunt action," though, I couldn't find anything to clarify what the keyphrase denotes

It's an action in which you hunt, and so allows you to use it when you need to hunt, and triggers other card text about things that happen (or can happen) when you hunt.

Similarly, Anonymous Freight is an equip action, and facilitates other card text that happens when you equip - so, for example, Helictoper would be tapped. ("When a minion equips with the Helicopter, tap it. ") This is as opposed to just being a generic "Move this card to this dude" effect, like Summon History.

More
20 Aug 2015 23:19 #72630 by Pascal Bertrand
Replied by Pascal Bertrand on topic Re: Hunt Actions

With regard to "hunt action," though, I couldn't find anything to clarify what the keyphrase denotes, nor any specific rulings related to it. (It's possible that they exist and I failed to find them, but I did try to do due diligence to find them before posting here.)

A "hunt action" is an action to "hunt". The rest is in the Rulebook under 6.1.2 Hunt.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds