file Question regarding Quincy the Trapper.

02 Feb 2017 10:58 #80468 by Tendoncutter
Mind you, I did think his ability would be severely overpowered for a 4-cap, should anything else be the case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Feb 2017 13:23 - 02 Feb 2017 13:24 #80469 by Ankha

That card should probably be rewritten to use tokens of sort. The game state should always be visible on the table, without having to remember the previous turns.

I guess this is kinda what threw me off on the card, as I don't think I've encountered other cards that established a delayed action-triggered effect (It might just be that I haven't looked for this actively before).

Haven't you ever played with Pulled Fangs? ;)

Name: Pulled Fangs
[Jyhad:R2, VTES:R, SW:PB, CE:R2, Anarchs:PAG]
Cardtype: Combat
Only usable at close range at the end of a round of combat in which this minion inflicted more damage at close range than the opposing vampire. Not usable by a minion being burned or going into torpor.
Put this card on the opposing vampire, and this minion inflicts 1 point of damage. The victim cannot hunt until this card is removed. Any vampire(s) may burn this card with two +1 stealth actions. If the victim must hunt and cannot, he or she goes into torpor. A vampire can have only 1 Pulled Fangs.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 Feb 2017 13:24 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tendoncutter

More
02 Feb 2017 13:49 #80471 by Tendoncutter
Hehe sadly no, but then again, I am but a Childe :)

I take it, from the wording, that pulled fangs does not run into the same issues regarding turns, as more than one vampire can take the action to burn? It does make sure it cannot be done by the affected vampire in a single turn, which I guess is comparable.

More
02 Feb 2017 15:46 #80479 by Ankha

Hehe sadly no, but then again, I am but a Childe :)

I take it, from the wording, that pulled fangs does not run into the same issues regarding turns, as more than one vampire can take the action to burn?

Correct. In the same turn, vampire A and B could each take an action to remove the Pulled Fangs.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
03 Feb 2017 06:45 #80491 by kushiel23

So the reasoning is that vampires can only take one action a turn, and thus Quincy's ability must be done over two turns?

No. There's nothing limiting vampires to only taking one action per turn. However, the No Repeat Actions rule prevents a minion from taking the same action more than once per turn (with the exception of hunting, or action cards which specifically state that they can be taken more than once per turn).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tendoncutter

More
03 Feb 2017 14:02 - 03 Feb 2017 14:02 #80495 by Tendoncutter

So the reasoning is that vampires can only take one action a turn, and thus Quincy's ability must be done over two turns?

No. There's nothing limiting vampires to only taking one action per turn. However, the No Repeat Actions rule prevents a minion from taking the same action more than once per turn (with the exception of hunting, or action cards which specifically state that they can be taken more than once per turn).

Yea, this was kinda what I meant, but I guess it was poorly articulated.

Anyways, it sounds like the arcadian may be a better choice, but at least I know the extent of the Quincy ability now :)

Cheers
Last edit: 03 Feb 2017 14:02 by Tendoncutter.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds