file Question regarding Quincy the Trapper.

01 Feb 2017 13:16 #80446 by Tendoncutter
Greetings.

I am in the proces of building a Kiasyd deck and I am debating whether to use The Arcadian or Quincy the Trapper.

The problem is I am not sure how the Qiuncy ability works, as the wording is hard to comprehend:

Name: Quincy, The Trapper
[LoB:U]
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Kiasyd
Group: 3
Capacity: 4
Discipline: dom myt obt
Sabbat: Quincy may burn an ally controlled by your predator or prey with two +1 stealth (D) actions. Cold iron vulnerability.
Artist: Mark Nelson

How does his ability work? Is it possible for him to take two actions in one turn, as long as they are directed at burning an ally controlled by predator or prey? Does he tap and then untap, between each action? Do they happen simoultaneously? Or can the action only be directed at one ally, but happens twice, in case the first one is blocked?

The ability sounds very neat, especially in taking care of garou rushers and intercept allies etc. I'm just not sure how it works or how we are supposed to interpret an action that gives two actions?

I've tried using the search function to find anything about him, but seemingly get nothing.

Cheers
/Tendon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Feb 2017 14:07 #80447 by ur_vampire
I read the card as follow: Quincy has to take 2 actions, but you can make only one in a turn, so it takes 2 turns to burn the ally

Cheers
Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tendoncutter

More
01 Feb 2017 14:40 #80448 by blackday
ur_vampire is correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tendoncutter

More
02 Feb 2017 06:44 #80462 by Boris The Blade
That card should probably be rewritten to use tokens of sort. The game state should always be visible on the table, without having to remember the previous turns.

More
02 Feb 2017 07:47 #80464 by Ankha

That card should probably be rewritten to use tokens of sort. The game state should always be visible on the table, without having to remember the previous turns.

You can always keep track of his with counters if players agree.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
02 Feb 2017 10:57 #80467 by Tendoncutter

I guess this is kinda what threw me off on the card, as I don't think I've encountered other cards that established a delayed action-triggered effect (It might just be that I haven't looked for this actively before).
I was just surprised that questions about him hadn't come up before, as the card text is ambiguous and somewhat limited.
So the reasoning is that vampires can only take one action a turn, and thus Quincy's ability must be done over two turns?
I assume you can do tha first action on turn 1, and then on turn 5, do the second action, though counters to indicate this seems optional?

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds