file Resolution card Blood of Acid

27 Apr 2017 13:42 #81627 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Resolution card Blood of Acid
Ok, I had trouble to find the original ruling, but I had it right.

There are three important things to remember:
- playing prevention cards follows the sequencing order. If A (acting) chooses not to prevent damage, then B plays an effect (for instance, B prevents damage), then A gets back the impulse and may choose to play a prevent damage card.
- unprevented damage from strikes is applied simulteanously
- Blood of Acid triggers on damage successfully inflicted

With that in mind:

A acting, B non-acting.
I) A plays Blood of Acid. A and B each hand-strike for 1 damage at close range:
I.a) A prevents the hand strike damage from B. B has only the 1 damage from the hand strike from A to take or prevent.
I.b) A doesn't prevent the damage. B has 1 damage from the hand strike from A to take or prevent (he can't prevent hypothetical damage from Blood of Acid at that stage because A may get the impulse back and may prevent):
I.b.1) B doesn't prevent. A and B both takes 1 damage. Then Blood of Acid inflicts 1 damage on B, that B can prevent.
I.b.2) B prevents A's damage:
I.b.2.1) A gets the impulse back and decides to prevent the damage. Nothing else happens since all damage has been prevented.
I.b.2.2) A gets the impulse back and decides not to prevent the damage. A takes 1 damage. Then Blood of Acid inflicts 1 damage on B, that B can prevent.

II) B plays Blood of Acid. A and B each hand-strike for 1 damage at close range.
A has 1 damage from B's hand strike to prevent or take. Then B must either prevent or take the damage from A's hand strike. If B takes the damage, then we go back to A that has 1 damage from the Blood of Acid to prevent.

The reference post is the following: www.jyhad.pw/2004/Aug/04/20220.html

> If Barry is in combat with a War ghoul, and plays blood of acid, is there no
> time for a vagabond mystic to tap to heal the war ghoul for 1 which thus
> survives?
Right.

> Or does blood of acid set up it's own little damage resolution
> step after the regular one?
No.

> It's a little complicated as blood of acid doesn't know how much damage to
> inflict until it's inflicted =)

Barry: Blood of Acid.

Choose Strikes:
Barry: hands for 2.
War Ghoul: hands for 4.

Resolve Strikes:
A. Apply effects (2 damage to War Ghoul. 4 to Barry.)
B. Damage handling
B.1. Prevent damage (War Ghoul prevents 1, or not).
B.2. Barry takes 4 damage (successfully inflicted). War Ghoul now
receives 4 more damage from BoA, which she could now try to
prevent. Whatever is unprevented is successful.
B.3. Burn blood/life for successful damage.
Barry burns 4 blood to heal (or goes to torpor, of course).
War Ghoul burns 5 life (assuming she prevented only 1 point).

Now, let's answer your scenarios (I corrected the grammatical mistakes to make things clearer):

1) In combat 2 vampires A (acting vampire) and B, before strike vampire B play Blood of Acid. Both vampires declare strike HS-1dmg,
1a))Vampire A could prevent dmg with Skin of Rock but he waits to see what vampire B doing with dmg before playing it.

That is legal. But if B doesn't play any card, A can't take back the impulse and play the Skin of Rock, so it's a little risky.

if vampire B decide to take dmg then vampire a take dmg from vampire B strike and 1 aggr dmg from BoF,him play Skin of Rock superior and prevent both. correct?

No. A and B both take damage from their strikes, they declined to prevent them. Then A takes additional damage from Blood of Acid, that can be prevented.

1b))but what hapen in same scenario if vampire A have inf fortitute? Since he is acting, he needs first to declare if prevent or not? .

Correct.

so if he said i can prevent dmg,vampire B said i take dmg,so vampire A now must use Skin of Rock inf to prevent HS from vampire B strike but him then take 1 aggr from BoF. correct?

No. As previously, if A and B declined to prevent, A can't go back and say "hey, I prevent the damage from your strike". But once again, Blood of Acid kicks in and adds some damage that can be prevented separately.

1c)) )but what hapen in same scenario if vampire A have inf fortitute? him as acting need first to declare if prevent or not? him have 1 Skin of Rock inf in hand him said i take you dmg,vampire B said i also take dmg. vampire A play Skin of Rock inf prevent dmg from BoA and him draw again Skin of Rock,him can use now Skin of Rock inf to prevent from vampire B strike dmg? if vampire A can play second Skin of Rock to prevent dmg from vampire B strike,what now,does vampire B can change opinion and declare to him also can prevent dmg from vampire A strike? is litle complicated, i hope you understand what i ask in example 1c))

No, A can't prevent the damage from the Blood of Acid and then choose to go back in time and prevent the original hand strike (whatever cards A have drawn in between).

if i no get good example here with BoA can you explain how is correct way to vampire take dmg from BoA if strike resolve in same time?

They never resolve exactly at the same time. The damage must be inflicted on the minion before Blood of Acid inflicts damage. You need to resolve the damage from the strike first, then the damage from Blood of Acid.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2017 13:44 #81628 by cordovader

In the case of Loving Agony the vampire playing it takes the agg damage from BoA since the damage is resolved during combat.

No (see my previous post)

I guess our posts crossed.

What I really find odd is that the damage (that is part of the strike) is not applied at the same time than the used strike (besides from Catatonic Fear where it's specified).

More
27 Apr 2017 17:23 #81630 by beslin igor
I think i understand now,well we will see how works in practice game,BoA is very rare card.
Sory for the grammatical mistakes that hapen because me english is very bad.

so now as you said:
They never resolve exactly at the same time. The damage must be inflicted on the minion before Blood of Acid inflicts damage. You need to resolve the damage from the strike first, then the damage from Blood of Acid.

So dmg from strike and dmg from BoA not resolve in same time how i think before,and cant be prevented in same window, BoA is environment dmg as Carrion Crows,but also cant be prevented in same time as CC,or can?
I get new example here:

1) in combat vampire A play CC and later chose HS1,B vampire chose HS1,A chose prevent or not,now B vampire can prevent with Soak superior both because hapen in same time. correct?

2) in combat vampire A play CC and later before strikes play BoA,both vampire chose strike HS. first vampire A take dmg,now B vampire need to take dmg from HS,CC and BoA,
a)) so B first need to take or prevent dmg from A strike,but in same window him can prevent dmg from CC. now if B prevent HS dmg vampire A gets impulse back,if A decide to prevent nothing hapen,if him still decide to take dmg then impulse from BoA back to vampire B to decide prevent or take dmg from BoA,correct?
b)) be decide to prevent dmg only from A strike,now A gets impulse back,if A decide to prevent nothing hapen,if him still decide to take dmg then impulse from BoA back to vampire B to decide prevent or take dmg from BoA,but him cant more decide to prevent dmg from CC,correct?

well If everything I wrote here right then I understood how it works Card BoA

More
27 Apr 2017 19:30 #81632 by jamesatzephyr

What I really find odd is that the damage (that is part of the strike) is not applied at the same time than the used strike (besides from Catatonic Fear where it's specified).

Everything that is S:CE + something has the something happen after combat ends, except for untapping. The something is lost if combat doesn't end or combat restarts (Psyche!, Telepathic Tracking) etc.

[RTR 01-MAY-2002] explains the exception for Majesty and co. I think card text is up to date for them too.

More
27 Apr 2017 20:36 #81633 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Resolution card Blood of Acid

I think i understand now,well we will see how works in practice game,BoA is very rare card.
Sory for the grammatical mistakes that hapen because me english is very bad.

so now as you said:

Correct.

So dmg from strike and dmg from BoA not resolve in same time how i think before,and cant be prevented in same window,

Correct.

BoA is environment dmg as Carrion Crows,but also cant be prevented in same time as CC,or can?

The fact that the damage in environmental has nothing to do with the timing. BoA damage happens after the damage of the strikes has been resolved. Carrion Crows damage happens during the normal strike resolution.

1) in combat vampire A play CC and later chose HS1,B vampire chose HS1,A chose prevent or not,now B vampire can prevent with Soak superior both because hapen in same time. correct?

Correct. Soak can prevent 1 (from the HS) + 2 (from the CC) damage.

2) in combat vampire A play CC and later before strikes play BoA,both vampire chose strike HS. first vampire A take dmg,now B vampire need to take dmg from HS,CC and BoA,
a)) so B first need to take or prevent dmg from A strike,but in same window him can prevent dmg from CC.

Correct.

now if B prevent HS dmg vampire A gets impulse back,if A decide to prevent nothing hapen ,if him still decide to take dmg then impulse from BoA back to vampire B to decide prevent or take dmg from BoA,correct?

Correct.

b)) be decide to prevent dmg only from A strike,now A gets impulse back,if A decide to prevent nothing hapen,if him still decide to take dmg then impulse from BoA back to vampire B to decide prevent or take dmg from BoA,but him cant more decide to prevent dmg from CC,correct?

Correct. B has already taken the damage from CC at that point.

well If everything I wrote here right then I understood how it works Card BoA

Great! :)

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
28 Apr 2017 09:09 #81646 by beslin igor
I have 1 more question
Vampire A (with 2 blood) in combat with Dracon. Dracon play BoA before strike. both strike declare HS,vampire A for 1 Dracon for 3.
Vampire A decide no prevent HS from Dracon strike,Dracon also no prevent dmg. so vampire A now need to take HS 3 from Dracon strike first. him goes to torpor and him not need to take dmg from BoA because combat is end,that is correct?

Name: The Dracon
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Tzimisce
Group: 5
Capacity: 11
Discipline: ANI AUS POT THA VIC
Independent: Cards requiring Vicissitude [vic] cost The Dracon 1 less blood. He inflicts +1 damage or steals 1 additional blood or life with ranged strikes (even at close range). +2 strength. +1 bleed. Flight [flight].

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds