file Resolution card Blood of Acid

26 Apr 2017 20:57 #81617 by beslin igor
I wonder how the most correct resolution card Blood of Acid.
I will give here 4 examples and please for explain.

1) In combat 2 vampires(A and B),before strike vampire A play Blood of Acid. both vampire declare strike HS-1dmg, Vampire A have Skin of Rock,him as acting vampire need to wait if vampire B prevent or take damage,if vampire B take damage,so vampire A take 1 from HS normal damage and 1 aggravated damage from Blood of Acid,him can chose now Skin of Rock sup to prevent 2 dmg,correct?

2) Vampire A in combat against Elimelech,play before strike Blood of Acid. Vampire A strike is HS,Elimelech chose strike HS 2 aggravated(with Claws of the Dead)
questions here, if vampire A cant prevent dmg,him need to go to torpor,Elimelech still need to take dmg from Blood of Acid?

3)Vampire A in combat against Elimelech,play before strike Blood of Acid. Vampire A strike is HS,Elimelech chose strike HS 2 (normal dmg). Vampire A take 2 normal dmg,Elimelech take 2 aggr dmg from Blood of Acid. Elimelech goes to torpor without to take dmg from vampire A strike because Blood of Acid resolve as first strike,and combat end occurs before resolve strike vampire A,correct?

4) Vampire A play Blood of Acid,vampire B play Catatonic Fear or Loving Agony(valeren discipline). What now,when vampire A take dmg from CF or LA does vampire B need to take dmg from Blood of Acid after combat end?

blood of acid
Vicissitude inf : Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. During each strike resolution this round, the opposing minion takes an amount of damage equal to the damage he or she successfully inflicts. A vampire may play only one Blood of Acid each round.
Vicissitude sup : As above, but the damage is aggravated.

skin of rock

Fortitude inf:Prevent 1 damage.
Fortitude sup: Prevent 2 damage.

elimelech the twice-damned

Sabbat. Black Hand. Seraph: Elimelech strikes with first strike. +1 bleed. +1 strength.

catatonic fear

Presence inf: Strike: combat ends.
Presence sup: As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat ends if the range is close.

loving agony

Only usable at close range.
Animalism : Strike: hand strike at +1 damage.
Valeren inf : Strike: combat ends and the opposing minion takes 1 damage.
Valeren sup : As Valeren above, and this vampire may burn 1 blood to untap before combat ends.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Apr 2017 09:44 - 27 Apr 2017 09:50 #81619 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Resolution card Blood of Acid

1) In combat 2 vampires A and B,before strike vampire A play Blood of Acid. both vampire declare strike HS-1dmg, Vampire A have Skin of Rock,him as acting vampire need to wait if vampire B prevent or take damage,if vampire B take damage,so vampire A take 1 from HS normal damage and 1 aggravated damage from Blood of Acid,him can chose now Skin of Rock sup to prevent 2 dmg,correct?

Your scenario is wrong, because if A plays Blood of Acid, it should be B that takes damage from BoA, not A.

I'll answer two scenarios that match (I hope) your questions:

<please wait>

2) Vampire A in combat against Elimelech,play before strike Blood of Acid. Vampire A strike is HS,Elimelech chose strike HS 2 aggravated(with Claws of the Dead)
questions here, if vampire A cant prevent dmg,him need to go to torpor,Elimelech still need to take dmg from Blood of Acid?

If A doesn't prevent the damage, Blood of Acid deals 2 damage during the strike resolution of Elimelech's strike. Elimelech takes 2 damage. groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/xWPJdV1Q1w4/Bo6_h9fGCPQJ

3)Vampire A in combat against Elimelech,play before strike Blood of Acid. Vampire A strike is HS,Elimelech chose strike HS 2 (normal dmg). Vampire A take 2 normal dmg,Elimelech take 2 aggr dmg from Blood of Acid. Elimelech goes to torpor without to take dmg from vampire A strike because Blood of Acid resolve as first strike,and combat end occurs before resolve strike vampire A,correct?

Correct. Elimelech's strikes resolves first, meaning that A takes 2 damage and (if A doesn't prevent) Elimelech takes 2 agg damage. If Elimelech doesn't prevent the damage, he goes to torpor before A's strike is resolved.

4) Vampire A play Blood of Acid,vampire B play Catatonic Fear or Loving Agony(valeren discipline). What now,when vampire A take dmg from CF or LA does vampire B need to take dmg from Blood of Acid after combat end?

The damage of Catatonic Fear is inflicted after the strike resolution (and after combat). It doesn't trigger Blood of Acid. groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/WRjUJQnRM2I/ei7-QS4xtl8J

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 27 Apr 2017 09:50 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
27 Apr 2017 11:34 #81622 by beslin igor
Yes me scenario is wrong in question 1,i repeat scenario 1 and scenario 4 here.

1) In combat 2 vampires A(acting vampire) and B, before strike vampire B play Blood of Acid. both vampire declare strike HS-1dmg,
1a))Vampire A can prevent dmg with Skin of Rock but him only declare i can prevent dmg without play card,and wait what vampire B doing with dmg. if vampire B decide to take dmg then vampire a take dmg from vampire B strike and 1 aggr dmg from BoF,him play Skin of Rock superior and prevent both. correct?

1b))but what hapen in same scenario if vampire A have inf fortitute? him as acting need first to declare if prevent or not? so if him said i can prevent dmg,vampire B said i take dmg,so vampire A now must use Skin of Rock inf to prevent HS from vampire B strike but him then take 1 aggr from BoF. correct?

1c)) )but what hapen in same scenario if vampire A have inf fortitute? him as acting need first to declare if prevent or not? him have 1 Skin of Rock inf in hand him said i take you dmg,vampire B said i also take dmg. vampire A play Skin of Rock inf prevent dmg from BoA and him draw again Skin of Rock,him can use now Skin of Rock inf to prevent from vampire B strike dmg? if vampire A can play second Skin of Rock to prevent dmg from vampire B strike,what now,does vampire B can change opinion and declare to him also can prevent dmg from vampire A strike? is litle complicated, i hope you understand what i ask in example 1c))

if i no get good example here with BoA can you explain how is correct way to vampire take dmg from BoA if strike resolve in same time?

4) in example 4 you only answer to BoF not apply vs Catatonic fear but what about BoA vs Loving Agony(valeren discipline),does dmg from BoA apply vs Loving Agony,because text in LA no said inflict dmg after combat? and i ask here may dmg from LA be prevented with any combat prevention cards?

More
27 Apr 2017 11:45 - 27 Apr 2017 11:46 #81624 by Ankha
I'll cover scenarios 1.x in details later. Yes, as you suspect, there's a timing loophole due to damage "successfully inflicted" and impulse.

same time?

4) in example 4 you only answer to BoF not apply vs Catatonic fear but what about BoA vs Loving Agony(valeren discipline),does dmg from BoA apply vs Loving Agony,because text in LA no said inflict dmg after combat? and i ask here may dmg from LA be prevented with any combat prevention cards?

The damage of Loving Agony is inflicted after combat as well. groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/PMfeHfvc7ys/dT5XN0_6L4EJ

It will be clarified in updated card text.

Prince of Paris, France
Last edit: 27 Apr 2017 11:46 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor

More
27 Apr 2017 11:49 #81625 by cordovader
In the case of Loving Agony the vampire playing it takes the agg damage from BoA since the damage is resolved during combat.

More
27 Apr 2017 13:28 #81626 by Ankha

In the case of Loving Agony the vampire playing it takes the agg damage from BoA since the damage is resolved during combat.

No (see my previous post)

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds