file Armor of Caine ´s Fury

16 Jan 2018 17:16 #84930 by Kuruc
Kuruc created the topic: Armor of Caine ´s Fury
Hello. I have one question about this valaren prevent. I want to ask about the explanation of this card's prevent. should I understand this prevent by preventing 2 damage from each strikes in every round? or just so that you can choose one strike in each round to prevent two?
Example: vamp A play this card.
Vamp B give hand strike by 3, and play blur, in two additional strikes hand strike by 3.
So can vamp A prevent 2 for each strike (even additional strike) or can i choose only one strike prevent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2018 18:08 #84931 by thelonius reloaded
thelonius reloaded replied the topic: Armor of Caine ´s Fury
Armor of Caine's Fury

Combat

Valeren
 Presence

Prevent 1 damage.

Only usable before range is determined. This vampire may prevent 1 damage from the opposing minion's strikes each round. Frenzy cards cannot be played on this vampire; cancel the effects of any Frenzy cards that have already been played on this vampire this combat.

As  above, but this vampire may prevent 2 damage from the opposing minion's strikes each round.

No, you can prevent up to 2 damage deriving from strikes each round.(not from Carrion Crows, because it's not a strike). So, you prevent 2 damage each round if they come from a strike.

Italian National Coordinator

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
17 Jan 2018 10:48 #84946 by Ankha
Ankha replied the topic: Armor of Caine ´s Fury

Kuruc wrote: should I understand this prevent by preventing 2 damage from each strikes in every round?

No, because it doesn't say "from each strike".

Kuruc wrote: or just so that you can choose one strike in each round to prevent two?

No, because it doesn't say "from one strike".

It prevents 2 damage each round, and those damage must come "from the opposing minion's strikes".

Kuruc wrote: Example: vamp A play this card.
Vamp B give hand strike by 3, and play blur, in two additional strikes hand strike by 3.
So can vamp A prevent 2 for each strike (even additional strike) or can i choose only one strike prevent?

A can prevent 2 damage from the first strike, then take 1 + 3 + 3.
Or take 3 damage from the first strike, and prevent 2 from the additional strikes: 3 + 1 + 3, or even 3 + 2 + 2.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: Ankha
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds