file Armor of Caine ´s Fury

16 Jan 2018 17:16 #84930 by Kuruc
Hello. I have one question about this valaren prevent. I want to ask about the explanation of this card's prevent. should I understand this prevent by preventing 2 damage from each strikes in every round? or just so that you can choose one strike in each round to prevent two?
Example: vamp A play this card.
Vamp B give hand strike by 3, and play blur, in two additional strikes hand strike by 3.
So can vamp A prevent 2 for each strike (even additional strike) or can i choose only one strike prevent?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2018 18:08 #84931 by thelonius reloaded
Armor of Caine's Fury

Combat

Valeren
 Presence

Prevent 1 damage.

Only usable before range is determined. This vampire may prevent 1 damage from the opposing minion's strikes each round. Frenzy cards cannot be played on this vampire; cancel the effects of any Frenzy cards that have already been played on this vampire this combat.

As  above, but this vampire may prevent 2 damage from the opposing minion's strikes each round.

No, you can prevent up to 2 damage deriving from strikes each round.(not from Carrion Crows, because it's not a strike). So, you prevent 2 damage each round if they come from a strike.

Lurking in the underground of Bologna, Italy

More
17 Jan 2018 10:48 #84946 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Armor of Caine ´s Fury

should I understand this prevent by preventing 2 damage from each strikes in every round?

No, because it doesn't say "from each strike".

or just so that you can choose one strike in each round to prevent two?

No, because it doesn't say "from one strike".

It prevents 2 damage each round, and those damage must come "from the opposing minion's strikes".

Example: vamp A play this card.
Vamp B give hand strike by 3, and play blur, in two additional strikes hand strike by 3.
So can vamp A prevent 2 for each strike (even additional strike) or can i choose only one strike prevent?

A can prevent 2 damage from the first strike, then take 1 + 3 + 3.
Or take 3 damage from the first strike, and prevent 2 from the additional strikes: 3 + 1 + 3, or even 3 + 2 + 2.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.077 seconds