file Timing of Shemti's special and Ecstasy

06 Feb 2018 22:56 - 06 Feb 2018 23:19 #85237 by GreyB

So, I had it mostly right.

This seems different than Weather Control? Both Methuselahs can play many effects and before the queued damage is resolved, including passing, right?

Afaik, as long as those cards/effects can be played in the same time window, once all players have passed playing cards/effects, those cards/effects are resolved.

That's also why (for example) you can still play 'before range is determined' cards/effects after someone plays a 'set range' card/effect.

When resolving cards/effect, the affected player can order his damage/burns/effects as he sees fit unless explicitly state otherwise on the card.

edit: My question @ www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76408-weather-control-vs-alpha-glint makes me think I am totally wrong with my interpretation...

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength
Last edit: 06 Feb 2018 23:19 by GreyB.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Feb 2018 23:58 #85241 by jamesatzephyr

This seems different than Weather Control? Both Methuselahs can play many effects and before the queued damage is resolved, including passing, right?

If the acting Methuselah plays Weather Control, he can continue to play other cards/effects. However, he can't pass with Weather Control's damage effect pending. If there's a pending effect, he must sequence it in before passing - passing is saying "All effects are done (unless the rest of you guys play something)".

If the defending Methuselah plays Weather Control, the impulse passes back to the acting Methuselah immediately (this isn't the defending Methuselah passing - just any card play gives the impulse back to the acting Methuselah). The acting Methuselah can then play some other cards of their own if they want to, but again, can't pass without sequencing in Weather Control's damage effect.

See Ankha here: www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/75275-before-range-is-determined#78665
Weather Control creates a "pending effect" that will inflict 1 damage during the "before range" step.
A can continue to play cards, but he will be forced to apply the damage of the Weather Control before passing the impulse.
See the thread groups.google.com/d/topic/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/sNKssgt0E78/discussion

And from that linked thread, an exchange involving Pascal and LSJ:

> > (*) I suppose it's not the "before range" impulse (which is A's at
> > this point), since A can't pass until WC's damage is applied - if it
> > were, it would mean B couldn't play any card at all.

> So B can't play any cards till A announces "We're now handling the
> damage from WC. Here are my damage-resolution effects. Now I pass.
> What effects do you want to play during damage resolution?" At which
> point, by the RTR, it looks like B can play any before-range effect xe
> likes. Then, once they're done and the damage is all handled and
> resolved, if the combat's still going, it's A's pre-range impulse to
> do something or pass again.

Correct.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds