file Two questions that recently came up

28 Jun 2018 20:35 - 29 Jun 2018 07:04 #88445 by Ankha

Also, I have to remind you that changing "When this minion enters play" to "Instead of playing this minions" would change other effects that trigger "after a minion enters play", for instance, Hackerspace.

Indeed.

Now, if we were to set "As" as the wording to go here, we have to answer two questions:
1º Do "After X happens" resolves at the same time that "As X happens"?

No, "after" (that is immediately after, with other "after" effects).

2º Do "After X happens" resolves even if a "As X happens" changed X status, making it contradict the "After X happens"?

No, there is no contradiction in that case: both effects happen (even if the Anarch Convert is no longer there).
Now, if we consider an effect such as "When the Anarch Convert would enter play, you can remove it from the game instead", then the Anarch Convert never enters play, and "after X enters play" effects don't trigger.

Please see www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/76594-lost-kindred-faq#86769 for timings.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 29 Jun 2018 07:04 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jun 2018 22:39 #88451 by Ratadin
Aaaah, that's what I was getting wrong.

I understood "As X happen, do Y" as "When X happen, do Y", which explain my understanding of the effect denying the "After" trigger.

Great then. A flowchart for the future rulebook would be awesome to pinpoint these conflicts instantly (one going along the lines of the FAQ you just shared, for instance).

More
29 Jun 2018 07:03 #88453 by Ankha

Aaaah, that's what I was getting wrong.

I understood "As X happen, do Y" as "When X happen, do Y", which explain my understanding of the effect denying the "After" trigger.

Great then. A flowchart for the future rulebook would be awesome to pinpoint these conflicts instantly (one going along the lines of the FAQ you just shared, for instance).

The difference is not in the usage of "as" or "when", but rather if "would ... instead" is used or not.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds