file Vlad Tepes Anarch Secession

06 Feb 2019 21:06 #93311 by d-mohn
Replied by d-mohn on topic Vlad Tepes Anarch Secession
wouldn't using the anarch secession make vlad into an anarch from independent as part of the card text making the baron title always on until another card effect changed his sect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Feb 2019 04:34 #93318 by kschaefer
It depends on whether he is spoofing a city title when he plays the card.

More
07 Feb 2019 11:51 #93322 by jamesatzephyr

wouldn't using the anarch secession make vlad into an anarch from independent as part of the card text making the baron title always on until another card effect changed his sect.

Reading back what I wrote and trying to reconstruct my thought process, I may have slightly spaced and been conflating Anarch Secession (requires non-Anarch, makes you anarch) and Fee Stake (requires anarch, doesn't make you anarch) at the same time.

More
11 Feb 2019 13:16 - 11 Feb 2019 13:17 #93409 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Vlad Tepes Anarch Secession

Title: A Title card is a placeholder for a title. If the title is yielded or lost, the card is burned. If the title is unique, contests are paid with vampire blood, as normal for titles.

The whole point of the title cards is to represent a title. I don't think a title should be "usable" by the way of its placeholder.

This would mean that:

1/ Vlad Tepes can play Anarch Secession. He becomes anarch, and baron of X if you choose to play the card as Prince/Archbishop/Baron of X.
2/ Vlad Tepes can play Fee Stake: X. As long as Vlad Tepes is not anarch, the title is dormant. Vlad Tepes can't "use" it, even while calling a vote requiring an anarch.
3/ Like any dormant title, if Vlad Tepes gets another title, the first one is lost.
4/ He counts as untitled if he has a dormant title. He cannot "use" his title to become titled.

Of course, it would also be preferable to change Vlad Tepes to "...use non-title cards" to avoid any confusion.

I need to think about it, but you can leave comments.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 11 Feb 2019 13:17 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds