file Prevention of damage from multiple sources

22 Sep 2018 19:02 #90712 by Nac
Hi

Can you prevent damage from multiple sources with a single card? I found a 1999 precedent ( groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr#!msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/kJZF-e8eAC8/kyU2H9LphrUJ ) that says yes but i couldn't find reference to it anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2018 19:19 #90713 by Klaital
Yes, as long as the prevent card does not restrict it (quite a few only prevent damage from strikes for example)

More
22 Sep 2018 19:33 #90714 by ReverendRevolver

Hi

Can you prevent damage from multiple sources with a single card? I found a 1999 precedent ( groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr#!msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/kJZF-e8eAC8/kyU2H9LphrUJ ) that says yes but i couldn't find reference to it anywhere.

Many thanks in advance

Yea, specifics of your circumstances are important to say for sure.

But:

In the link provided, those examples are hand and crows with specific :for: prevent.

Armor of Vitality is good in :ANI: heavy metas because it prevents bats and 2 crows in one shot at basic.

But other things are worded differently. Armor of caines fury ar :val: & :VAL: only prevents damage from a strike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nac

More
23 Sep 2018 20:47 #90732 by Viper
Normal and aggravated damage can be dealt with the same way?

Using the same example as above: aggravated hand damage + crows can be prevented with 1 Armor of Vitality?

More
23 Sep 2018 20:51 #90733 by Snodig

Normal and aggravated damage can be dealt with the same way?

Using the same example as above: aggravated hand damage + crows can be prevented with 1 Armor of Vitality?

Yessir.

More
23 Sep 2018 21:14 - 23 Sep 2018 21:18 #90734 by Nac
On a different aspect of the same topic:

Researching on Armor of caine's fury and additional damage, I found this www.veknfrance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10695

(translated with google so apologies to french speakers if it is somehow incorrect)

"AoCF allows you to prevent 2 on all strikes of your opponent each round. It does not mean that you warn 2 on each strike but you can only prevent 2 on the strikes (so not on a carrion crows, for example). If your opponent rolls for 1 then addals you can prevent the first strike and then 1 point of damage on the additional ones."

is that correct? and if it is, in which context and/or card redaction templates does it work?

Many thanks in advance

Armor of Caine's Fury
[Combat] Combat

[Valeren] Valeren
[Presence] Presence

[1 Blood]

Prevent 1 damage.
[val] Only usable before range is determined. This vampire may prevent 1 damage from the opposing minion's strikes each round. Frenzy cards cannot be played on this vampire; cancel the effects of any Frenzy cards that have already been played on this vampire this combat.
[VAL] As [val] above, but this vampire may prevent 2 damage from the opposing minion's strikes each round.
Last edit: 23 Sep 2018 21:18 by Nac. Reason: EDIT: card text

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds