file Emerald Legionnaire

17 Oct 2018 08:07 #91233 by blackday
Emerald Legionnaire was created by blackday
Just to confirm something about Emerald Legionnaire.
You can only use the special of burning 7 cards to return the Legionnaire if you have an Emerald Legionnaire in play. One Legionaire per card being brought back.
They are not recruited so they can act immediately and they dont have a pool cost right?


Name: Emerald Legionnaire
[LK:4]
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Harbinger of Skulls
Cost: 1 pool
Wraith with 2 life. 2 strength, 1 bleed.
During your unlock phase, you can remove 7 cards in your ash heap from the game to move an Emerald Legionnaire from your ash heap to the ready region with 2 life.
Artist: Javier Santos

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 08:16 - 17 Oct 2018 08:17 #91234 by Bloodartist
Replied by Bloodartist on topic Emerald Legionnaire

blackday wrote: Just to confirm something about Emerald Legionnaire.
You can only use the special of burning 7 cards to return the Legionnaire if you have an Emerald Legionnaire in play. One Legionaire per card being brought back.

One legionnaire per 7 cards removed from ash pile. If you have one legionnaire in play, you can bring back from the ash heap as many legionnaires as you can afford with your ash heap cards.

They are not recruited so they can act immediately and they dont have a pool cost right?

Correct. The cost to bring them back are the cards removed from the ash pile. They can act during the same turn they come back.

"Plenty of little men tried to put their swords through my heart. And there's plenty of little skeletons buried in the woods."
- Tormund Giantsbane, Game of Thrones
Last edit: 17 Oct 2018 08:17 by Bloodartist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 08:38 #91235 by emime
Replied by emime on topic Emerald Legionnaire

Bloodartist wrote:

blackday wrote: Just to confirm something about Emerald Legionnaire.
You can only use the special of burning 7 cards to return the Legionnaire if you have an Emerald Legionnaire in play. One Legionaire per card being brought back.

One legionnaire per 7 cards removed from ash pile. If you have one legionnaire in play, you can bring back from the ash heap as many legionnaires as you can afford with your ash heap cards.


I don't think so. The "During your unlock phase, you can ..." template indicate that you can only do it once per Legionnaire in play (as the original poster suggested).

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 08:41 #91236 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Emerald Legionnaire

emime wrote:

Bloodartist wrote:

blackday wrote: Just to confirm something about Emerald Legionnaire.
You can only use the special of burning 7 cards to return the Legionnaire if you have an Emerald Legionnaire in play. One Legionaire per card being brought back.

One legionnaire per 7 cards removed from ash pile. If you have one legionnaire in play, you can bring back from the ash heap as many legionnaires as you can afford with your ash heap cards.


I don't think so. The "During your unlock phase, you can ..." template indicate that you can only do it once per Legionnaire in play (as the original poster suggested).


Yes, once for each legionnaires card text, but since each legionnaire has this card text, after bringing one out, you can use the new ones card text to bring the next one out, and so on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 09:12 #91239 by LivesByProxy
Replied by LivesByProxy on topic Emerald Legionnaire

Klaital wrote: Yes, once for each legionnaires card text, but since each legionnaire has this card text, after bringing one out, you can use the new ones card text to bring the next one out, and so on.


@Klaital: Is there a precedence for it working that way?

During your unlock phase, you can remove 7 cards in your ash heap from the game to move an Emerald Legionnaire from your ash heap to the ready region with 2 life.

I read this as a passive ability that applies across any and all ELs in your ash heap. "During your unlock phase," is essentially unbounded, as the unlock phase doesn't end until you announce you've moved into the Master phase.

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Oct 2018 09:33 #91240 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Emerald Legionnaire

LivesByProxy wrote:

Klaital wrote: Yes, once for each legionnaires card text, but since each legionnaire has this card text, after bringing one out, you can use the new ones card text to bring the next one out, and so on.


@Klaital: Is there a precedence for it working that way?

During your unlock phase, you can remove 7 cards in your ash heap from the game to move an Emerald Legionnaire from your ash heap to the ready region with 2 life.

I read this as a passive ability that applies across any and all ELs in your ash heap. "During your unlock phase," is essentially unbounded, as the unlock phase doesn't end until you announce you've moved into the Master phase.


It is an effect of a card in play, indiviudal card text of each legionnaire, just like how you burn 1 pool for each Anarch Revolt in play. By comparison Army of Rats has specific card text saying it's effect only happens once per turn regardless of how many you have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum