file field training

26 Oct 2018 06:32 #91510 by ed1234
field training was created by ed1234
Hi, short question, can a vampire play field training without having any discipline on superior level?

Thanks!

Field Training
[Action] Action

[1 Blood]

+1 stealth action. Requires an anarch.
Unlock this vampire, choose a Discipline they have at superior and put this card on another ready non-titled vampire you control. The attached vampire is considered anarch (and Independent), and gets +1 level of the chosen Discipline. If the attached vampire changes sect, burn this card. A vampire can have only one Field Training

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2018 07:23 #91511 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic field training

Hi, short question, can a vampire play field training without having any discipline on superior level?

No. You have to be able to do all the mandatory things on the card. If it's not something like "You may choose..." or "Choose up to..." or similar, you have to do it.

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/75386-field-training-question#89472

The vampire must have a superior Discipline to choose from.

6.2.1. Announce the Action
All details of the action are declared when the action is announced, including the target(s), the cost, the effects, etc. Any card required for the action is played (face up) at this time. Lock the acting minion (only ready unlocked minions can take actions).

If the card says you have to choose a Discipline at superior (not "up to one"), then you must be able to do so in order to play the card.

More
26 Oct 2018 08:18 #91513 by ed1234
Replied by ed1234 on topic field training
Thanks!

More
29 Oct 2018 16:26 #91562 by Killiam
Replied by Killiam on topic field training
As such, does this mean that Field Training counts as a card that "requires a discipline"?

If so, could it be considered to require a discipline for the purposes of, say, Infernal Pact? In other words, can a vampire with an Infernal Pact for Temporis use Field Training to teach other vampires Temporis?

Infernal Pact
Master

[Tremere antitribu] Tremere antitribu

[1 Pool]

Unique master.
Put this card on a Tremere antitribu you control and choose a Discipline. The vampire with this card can play cards that require that Discipline as though he or she has the superior version of that Discipline.

-Killiam
(Bill Troxel)
"I look back from where I'm from
Look at the woman I've become
And the strangest things seem
Suddenly routine"
-Hedwig Robinson

More
29 Oct 2018 18:34 #91563 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic field training

As such, does this mean that Field Training counts as a card that "requires a discipline"?

If so, could it be considered to require a discipline for the purposes of, say, Infernal Pact? In other words, can a vampire with an Infernal Pact for Temporis use Field Training to teach other vampires Temporis?

Sanguine Instruction suggests no.

[LSJ 20030209]

>>Can I "teach" a new discipline, granted to my !Tremere by an Infernal Pact,
>>to another one of my !Tremere with Sanguine Instruction?

As Lasombra notes, IP doesn't actually give the bearer the Discipline,
so the answer is "no".

Although the reasoning makes me slightly antsy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Killiam

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds