file Change of target/obedience inf

12 Feb 2019 17:27 - 12 Feb 2019 17:27 #93437 by Timo
Ok, here is the texts of change of target and obedience inferior :

Name: Change of Target
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, CE:U, Anarchs:PAB2, LoB:PG2/PI2, KoT:U/PM3, SP:LB4]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Only usable if this minion is blocked, before block resolution.
Unlock this acting minion, and the action ends (unsuccessfully). This minion cannot perform the same action again this turn.

Name: Obedience
[Jyhad:U, VTES:U, Sabbat:U, SW:PV, CE:U, Third:U, HttB:PKia3, SP:PoS2]
Cardtype: Reaction
Discipline: Dominate
Only usable when this vampire is about to enter combat with an acting younger vampire.
[dom] Unlock the acting vampire and end the action. (Do not lock this vampire if they are blocking.) The acting vampire cannot take the same action this turn.

Now let's imagine several cases of blocked actions followed by change of target or obedience inf :
1 : vamp A hunt
can A play another sort of hunting (e g A play an abactor if A was hunting without card)

2 : vamp A hunt on vamp B with Restricted Vitae
can A hunt on Vamp C with restricted vitae ?
can A hunt on vamp B with week of nightmare ?

Name: Restricted Vitae
[Gehenna:R, KMW:PAn]
Cardtype: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace until a vampire successfully hunts.
Vampires cannot hunt unless forced to hunt. A vampire who must hunt may hunt by stealing a blood from a younger vampire as a (D) action instead of performing the usual hunt action.

Name: Week of Nightmares
[FN:R, LotN:PR]
Cardtype: Master
Clan: Ravnos
Master.
Put this card in play with 10 nightmare counters. Ravnos get +1 bleed and +1 strength and do not hunt as normal. A Ravnos may steal a blood from another Ravnos as a +1 stealth hunt action. During each Methuselah's unlock phase, he or she may move a nightmare counter from this card to a Ravnos. If this card has no counters, each Ravnos burns a blood for each nightmare counter or is burned, then burn this card and the counters. Only one Week of Nightmares may be played in a game.

3 Minion A equip the .44 from minion B (same controler obviously)
Can A equip the .44 from minion C (same controler again) ?
Can A equip the Ivory Bow from minion B ?
Can A equip the .44 and the Ivory Bow from minion B ?

4 Vamp A rescue vamp B from torpor paying 1 blood each
Can A rescue vamp B from torpor paying 2 blood ?
Can A rescue vamp C paying whatever (I can't see why this one wouldn't be possible but better safe than sorry ^^) ?
Last edit: 12 Feb 2019 17:27 by Timo. Reason: typo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Feb 2019 18:42 #93438 by kschaefer

Now let's imagine several cases of blocked actions followed by change of target or obedience inf :
1 : vamp A hunt
can A play another sort of hunting (e g A play an abactor if A was hunting without card)

Only the default cardless hunt action is prevented. So, Loki's Gift, Abactor, etc are all still playable.

2 : vamp A hunt on vamp B with Restricted Vitae
can A hunt on Vamp C with restricted vitae ?

No. The action is provided by a card in play and invokes NRA (targeting does not matter).

can A hunt on vamp B with week of nightmare ?

Yes. Different action provided by a different card in play.

3 Minion A equip the .44 from minion B (same controler obviously)
Can A equip the .44 from minion C (same controler again) ?
Can A equip the Ivory Bow from minion B ?
Can A equip the .44 and the Ivory Bow from minion B ?

There is no restriction on equipping from minions in play. Since you can equip with all of the equipment that a minion has in one action, I'm not sure the use case in going back for more.

4 Vamp A rescue vamp B from torpor paying 1 blood each
Can A rescue vamp B from torpor paying 2 blood ?
Can A rescue vamp C paying whatever (I can't see why this one wouldn't be possible but better safe than sorry ^^) ?

There is no restriction on rescuing from torpor. The action may be completed many times even with the same target(s).

More
12 Feb 2019 19:47 #93445 by narpassword
i think the restrictions being asked about are that the cards themselves say 'cannot take the same action' not whether it is under the default NRA or not.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Timo

More
12 Feb 2019 20:43 #93447 by kschaefer
I think that's the case only for the first couple of questions. Or I misunderstood what he was looking for.

More
13 Feb 2019 00:09 - 13 Feb 2019 00:09 #93452 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Change of target/obedience inf
Yes, I was not refering about the NRA but about the fact that both change of target and obedience inferior state "cannot perform the same action again this turn."

I saw Ankha tonight and he answered me that :
You can hunt with a different sort of hunt, you can't hunt on another vamp with restricted vitae (due obviously to the NRA).
You can hunt with week of nightmare on the same vampire you attempted to hunt with restricted vitae.
He is not sure about the equip actions and will have to check previous rulings
And you can't rescue from torpor the same vampire even if you change the way you pay it.
Last edit: 13 Feb 2019 00:09 by Timo. Reason: Typo

More
13 Feb 2019 09:23 - 02 May 2020 09:36 #93454 by Ankha

He is not sure about the equip actions and will have to check previous rulings

Rulebook:

To equip with an equipment card currently possessed by one of your other minions, lock the acting minion (the minion who is attempting to get the equipment) and announce the equipment card he is getting. More than one equipment card can be taken from a minion in a single action. If the action is unsuccessful, the equipment remains where it is.

So that action can't be repeated if you played a Change of Target, whatever set of equipment you're trying to get (it's not an action provided by cards in play). Normally, it's not subject to the NRA.

groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/1y_DaNxkQfU/zDEUQUvf45wJ

See REVERSAL: www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/78616-change-of-target-equip-from-a-minion#99734

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 May 2020 09:36 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds