file Change of Target & equip from a minion

02 May 2020 05:22 #99731 by lip
Minion (Alice) tries to equip from minion (Bob), is blocked and uses Change of Target. Can she now equip from a different minion (Charlie) ?

Does it matter what equipment she tries to fetch from Bob and Charlie (same card or not) ?

[ANK 20190213] seems to indicate that it's always the same action, whatever targets are chosen, but [LSJ 20080710] indicates that rescuing Bob or Charlie from torpor is not "the same action".

Which is it ?

Change of Target

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2020 09:33 - 02 May 2020 09:40 #99734 by Ankha
After reviewing the different rulings:

So:

Minion (Alice) tries to equip from minion (Bob), is blocked and uses Change of Target. Can she now equip from a different minion (Charlie) ?

The rules don't care about who has the equipment. If there is one Ivory Bow on Bob and you move it to Charlies with a Heidelberg Castle, trying to equip with the Ivory Bow is still the same action. In that case, the answer would be no.
Otherwise (= the equipment card is not the same), then the answer is yes.

There's probably a grey zone if during the second action, Alice tries to equip with more than one equipment card. I couldn't find any ruling (the closest ruling would be the one about the multiple targets change introduced with KoT groups.google.com/d/msg/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/1jW6GXrIRSU/8QTYL98kB0gJ), but the answer should be: the equipment she tried to equip with before playing CoT cannot be chosen as one of the targets of her second equip action.

Does it matter what equipment she tries to fetch from Bob and Charlie (same card or not) ?

I don't know if you are talking about two copies of the same card (for instance, two .44 Magnum), or the same copy of the same card (see the previous example with the Ivory Bow).

[ANK 20190213] seems to indicate that it's always the same action, whatever targets are chosen

This is a mistake in view of Wylie's ruling about the definition of the "same action". I'll fix it.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 02 May 2020 09:40 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds