file Mental Maże and Obedience

07 Feb 2020 08:27 #98908 by Raven
Replied by Raven on topic Mental Maże and Obedience
Thank guys, now it's clear

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2020 16:40 #98923 by Bloodartist

I have been told that player cannot play Freak Drive after combat was cancelled by Obedience because it's before block resolution.

Obdience doesn't cancel combat. It ends the action before combat happens (cardtext), which is not the same.

What if only combat is cancelled, or a new combat is queued? As in

Name: Ohoyo Hopoksia (Bastet)
[LoB:R]
Cardtype: Ally
Clan: Ahrimane
Cost: 3 pool
Unique werewolf with 3 life. 3 strength, 0 bleed.
When a minion you control is about to enter combat with an acting minion, you may lock Ohoyo to cancel that combat; Ohoyo enters combat with the acting minion instead. She gets an optional maneuver each combat. If she has less than 3 life during your unlock phase, she gains 1 life from the blood bank.

A heretic is a man who sees with his own eyes.
—Gotthold Ephraim Lessing

More
09 Feb 2020 17:32 #98924 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Mental Maże and Obedience

I have been told that player cannot play Freak Drive after combat was cancelled by Obedience because it's before block resolution.

Obdience doesn't cancel combat. It ends the action before combat happens (cardtext), which is not the same.

What if only combat is cancelled, or a new combat is queued?

Then you play it after resolution as usual.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 Feb 2020 11:50 #98932 by Bloodartist

For me, it has never been quite clear whether the combat that follows a successful block is part of the action or not. I don't see it clearly stated in the rulebook.

This has some effects regarding action modifiers, namely if you want to unlock after your action is blocked with superior freak drive, you have to play it before the combat happens? Because if the combat is not part of the action, then it cannot be played afterwards? I'm pretty sure we have played this wrong so far if that's the case..

More
10 Feb 2020 13:44 - 10 Feb 2020 13:45 #98934 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Mental Maże and Obedience

For me, it has never been quite clear whether the combat that follows a successful block is part of the action or not. I don't see it clearly stated in the rulebook.

Combats are part of the action.

This has some effects regarding action modifiers, namely if you want to unlock after your action is blocked with superior freak drive, you have to play it before the combat happens?

No, you have to play it after combat.

Because if the combat is not part of the action, then it cannot be played afterwards? I'm pretty sure we have played this wrong so far if that's the case..

See above.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 10 Feb 2020 13:45 by Ankha.

More
10 Feb 2020 15:12 - 10 Feb 2020 15:15 #98937 by Bloodartist

Combats are part of the action.

Perhaps this could be made bit clearer in the rulebook.

ps. But are the additional queued combats? Iirc there were rulings some time back related to who is "acting vampire" in the additional combats, which might contradict with this. If the additional combats are part of the action, then "acting vampire" status persists into those combats. I cant remember exactly right now but I thought there was something that might contradict with this.

Last edit: 10 Feb 2020 15:15 by Bloodartist.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds