file Banishment

07 Apr 2020 18:16 - 07 Apr 2020 18:33 #99526 by Kilrauko
Replied by Kilrauko on topic Banishment

scenario: player A stole vampire X from player B with Chameleon or Graverobing(example).
player C play Banishment on vampire X.
1) where vampire X going?

1) Vampire is going to the uncontrolled region of Player B, since Banishment only breaks temporary control effects. (see www.vekn.net/history-of-vtes-rules/443-rules-team-rulings-1-may-2000)

Is it just me but I feel this is in opposite of the example laid out in the RTR. A is the one taking the minion from B, therefore for permanent steal it stays with A and for temp it returns to B.

In a similar vein, leaving play (via Contesting, Banishement, or whatever) is ruled/errata'ed to break any lingering *temporary* change-of-control effects (like Mind Rape, Malkavian Dementia, and Temptation), but not any permanent change-of-control effects (like Grave Robbing and Corruption). So a demented Malkavian who is Banished would be placed in his permanent controller's uncontrolled region - not in the uncontrolled region of the Methuselah who played Malkavian Dementia.

If Methusaleh A stole Igo the Hungry from Methuselah B "with Graverobing(example)". it's a permanent change of control effect. Therefore when Igo the Hunry in Methuselah A's ready region gets Banished by Methuselah C's Arika, it does not go back to Methuselah B.

If it was temporary effect, namely it specifically mentions how long the effect lasts (next turn, until end of turn, etc.) for the control, Igo the Hungry would return to Methuselah B. If Methuselah B has been ousted by the time that the effect ends (or something breaks it) then it's removed from the game as only cards with controllers stay in the game. as all the cards that ousted Methuselah controls are removed from the game.

Please correct if I'm wrong.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.
Last edit: 07 Apr 2020 18:33 by Kilrauko. Reason: Corrected the reason for card removal to follow the rules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Yomyael, beslin igor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Apr 2020 19:45 - 07 Apr 2020 19:55 #99527 by Yomyael
Replied by Yomyael on topic Banishment
Errr.... I had a total Brainfart when reading the question, somehow I assumed that Player B was the one stealing the vampire. I suspect Ankha made the same mistake when marking my answer as correct.

As far as I can tell, you are correct Kilrauko. In case 1) the vampire should go to Player A's uncontrolled region, since Player A is the permanent controller of the vampire. This would be in accordance to the quoted RTR. In case 2) nothing happens with the vampire, since the controller of the vampire is not ousted. In case 3) a vampire temporarily stolen by A is returned to B's uncontrolled region after a banishment. Should player B already have been ousted at that point, the vampire is removed from the game instead (as it would have been when the temporary controll effect would have expired).

I'm terribly sorry for the confusion!

Prince of Bonn, Germany
Last edit: 07 Apr 2020 19:55 by Yomyael.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor, Kilrauko

More
07 Apr 2020 21:46 #99528 by beslin igor
Replied by beslin igor on topic Banishment

Errr.... I had a total Brainfart when reading the question, somehow I assumed that Player B was the one stealing the vampire. I suspect Ankha made the same mistake when marking my answer as correct.

As far as I can tell, you are correct Kilrauko. In case 1) the vampire should go to Player A's uncontrolled region, since Player A is the permanent controller of the vampire. This would be in accordance to the quoted RTR. In case 2) nothing happens with the vampire, since the controller of the vampire is not ousted. In case 3) a vampire temporarily stolen by A is returned to B's uncontrolled region after a banishment. Should player B already have been ousted at that point, the vampire is removed from the game instead (as it would have been when the temporary controll effect would have expired).

I'm terribly sorry for the confusion!

Sory guys for me bad english! to be more clear player A play Chameleon or Graverobing on vampire X from player B. I now understand all answer,understand what means stolen temporarily or permanently. we play wrong in game,but i learn beter one rule.

More
08 Apr 2020 06:39 #99532 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Banishment

It looks so! I'll edit my answer too.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Apr 2020 06:58 #99533 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Banishment

So if you play Banishment on a stolen vampire, he goes to his previous (permanent) controller's uncontrolled region

Yes if the vampire was stolen temporarily (eg. Temptation)
Otherwise, he goes to his new permanent controller's uncontrolled region (eg. Form of Corruption).

,but if this controler is ousted then Banishment vampire is remowed from game,right?

If the vampire is in the uncontrolled region of the player who is ousted, then the vampire is removed from the game. See above to determine in which uncontrolled region the vampire is.

scenario: player A stole vampire X from player B with Chameleon or Graverobing(example).
player C play Banishment on vampire X.
1) where vampire X going?

A controls the vampire X permanently. The vampire goes to A's uncontrolled region.

2) if player B is ousted where then vampire X going?

Nowhere since X is not controlled by B.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
The following user(s) said Thank You: beslin igor, Kilrauko

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds