file Heidelberg Castle and between actions

14 Jul 2023 08:04 #108685 by Coyote
Just to be sure if I understand correctly

Action player always have priority playing cards. But in the case of the Heidelberg Castle I can say in the "after resolution" window (before the action is completed) that I want to use my heidelberg Castle. In that case, I could (actually I must, I guess) use it after the current action completes and before the acting Methuselah plays any action. As the use of the castle is queued before the priority of the acting Methuselah.

Am I right?

Name: Heidelberg Castle, Germany
AKA: Heidelburg Castle, Germany
[DS:U2, FN:PR, KMW:PAl, LoB:PI, 25th:1]
Cardtype: Master
Cost: 2 pool
Unique location.
Lock to move blood, equipment and/or retainers between any two ready vampires you control. Cannot be used during an action.
Artist: L. A. Williams

www.vekn.net/forum/rules-questions/79166-correct-time-to-use-heidelberg-castle-germany-for-non-acting-player?start=12#102425

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2023 14:16 #108695 by kschaefer
There is a window between every action where all players, following the sequencing rules have an option to use non-action effects. No one can rush-announce another action to prevent you from being able to use the Heidelberg effect (or any other effect).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron, Coyote

More
14 Jul 2023 14:46 #108696 by Coyote
Ok. I think that now I understand. Also, I can understand I can use HC even before the acting player even plays an action card.

More
14 Jul 2023 16:11 #108697 by kschaefer
Yes, there is such a window and after the last action too. Which doesn't matter much for HC since you can use it in any phase, but might matter for other effects, which are restricted to the minion phase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds