file Spying Mission Q

24 Sep 2023 10:18 #109401 by garou66
Spying Mission Q was created by garou66
Hello,
if my predator plays "Spying Mission" at superior on a sucessful bleed, may I deflect it?

When "Spying Mission triggers, may I deflect it or reduce the amount of the bleed?

Card text:
Spying Mission

Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Obfuscate
[obf] +1 stealth.
[OBF] Only usable if a bleed would be successful. Instead, the bleed burns no pool, is unsuccessful, and this card is put on this vampire. The next time this vampire is about to successfully bleed the same Methuselah, burn this card and this vampire gets +2 bleed.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kilrauko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2023 11:39 #109402 by Kilrauko
Replied by Kilrauko on topic Spying Mission Q
No.

And no.

And neither can you play Archon Investigation to burn the vampire after x many spying mission cards on it are burned to increase the succesful bleed. Only after all those are played, is the window to play Spying Mission at superior to either add them or burn them for bleed increase.

See; www.vekn.net/card-rulings/card-rulings-p-to-z Spying Mission for this and other relevant rulings on it.

Trust in Jan Pieterzoon.

More
29 Sep 2023 08:37 #109439 by Turanekh
Replied by Turanekh on topic Spying Mission Q
Question here then..

"The next time this vampire is about to successfully bleed the same Methuselah, burn this card and this vampire gets +2 bleed."

Is not the spying mission card burned automatically at the next successful bleed against the same Methuselah that it was played against.. so you dont have a choice but to burn it for +2 bleed?

Or am I reading this wrong?

I ask this in regard to the Archon Investigation comment.

More
29 Sep 2023 09:16 - 29 Sep 2023 09:20 #109440 by KoRneeshon
Replied by KoRneeshon on topic Spying Mission Q
Yes, it is obligatory at your next successful bleed, but since it is already successful, it's too late for AI or Deflection - both of these cards have to be played before SM is burnt.

In other words you have to wait with burning SM for the moment when the target is reaching for their pool counters to move them to the blood bank, to allow them to play bleed redirection or AI before SM is burnt.
Last edit: 29 Sep 2023 09:20 by KoRneeshon.

More
22 Oct 2023 10:18 #109624 by Draud
Replied by Draud on topic Spying Mission Q
So a Vampire with +1 bleed with an Spying mission against (A), declares a bleed against (A)

A can burn the vampire with an Archon investigaion because it's trying to bleed for 4...

right?

More
22 Oct 2023 11:12 #109625 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Spying Mission Q

So a Vampire with +1 bleed with an Spying mission against (A), declares a bleed against (A)

A can burn the vampire with an Archon investigaion because it's trying to bleed for 4...

right?

No. He's trying to bleed for 2. Only if the bleed is successful does it burn +2 pool.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds