file Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool

11 Mar 2024 13:44 #110874 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool

Why would it "de-trigger"? The effect is not conditional on the fact that Valerius is currently blocking.

Furthermore, the effect is applied on the acting minion (that remains the same for the current action) and not on Valerius himself

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2024 19:44 #110877 by smeeag
Replied by smeeag on topic Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool
Then why does not effect stay on until the end of the turn / game?
Unless duration is specified it seems reasonable to read "if TEMPORARY CONDDITION then TEMPORARY EFFECT" to last until temporary condition is present and not for some very arbitrary duration like action/turn/game.

Imo Valerius need text improvement or this template deserve standard explanation in the rulebook (like "during x do y").

More
11 Mar 2024 21:07 - 11 Mar 2024 21:08 #110878 by acbishop
Valerius is still trying to block the action till a card played would say the block attempt fails and that minion cannot attempt to block again.

So, action at +1 stealth, Valerius tries to block at 0 intercept, minion B of Valerius' controller tries to block adding intercept. Note that Valerius hasn't declined to block or any card made his attempt to block to fail, technically he is still trying to block

:vtes:
Last edit: 11 Mar 2024 21:08 by acbishop.

More
11 Mar 2024 21:37 #110879 by smeeag
Replied by smeeag on topic Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool
>Valerius is still trying to block

No he does not. Per rulebook I cited above you can try to attempt as many times as you want, even if you don't have enough cept, but you MUST (temporary) stop attempting by one minion to attempt to block with another one and that open the window if we assume Valerius special only work while he is attempting to block.
And if we assume his special triggers once and works indefinitely even after he's not blocking, then my question is why it won't last until the end of the game and only until the end of the action.

More
12 Mar 2024 06:52 - 12 Mar 2024 06:54 #110881 by inm8
Replied by inm8 on topic Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool

The effect lasts for as long as the target is the acting vampire which is only as long as the duration of a given action.

"If Valerius attempts to block, the acting minion cannot play action modifier [...]"
Last edit: 12 Mar 2024 06:54 by inm8.

More
12 Mar 2024 09:54 - 12 Mar 2024 09:54 #110882 by Timo
Replied by Timo on topic Valerius Maior, Hell's Fool

Unless duration is specified it seems reasonable to read "if TEMPORARY CONDDITION then TEMPORARY EFFECT" to last until temporary condition is present and not for some very arbitrary duration like action/turn/game.

Imo Valerius need text improvement or this template deserve standard explanation in the rulebook (like "during x do y").

I asked myself this same question and I thought about the +1 bleed modifier or +1 stealth/+1 intercept.

None of them says "until end of action" but it is still the case.

When it is not, it is explicitely written :

Independent: During your unlock phase, you may burn a Caitiff you control to give Al-Muntaquim +1 bleed for the remainder of the game.

Last edit: 12 Mar 2024 09:54 by Timo.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds