file Karsh ADV and Imperator

08 Sep 2011 17:47 - 08 Sep 2011 17:50 #9769 by Robert Scythe
Part of the OP's question has not been answered. I believe that if a vampire receives a justicar title via the vote card whilst in possession of the same vote card, the second one would burn the first. So, the question is whether Karsh (base or adv) having the Imperator card on him would burn it by merging, effectively losing 3 votes during bloodhunt referendums.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2011 17:50 by Robert Scythe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Sep 2011 18:01 #9770 by TorranceCircle

Part of the OP's question has not been answered. I believe that if a vampire receives a justicar title via the vote card whilst in possession of the same vote card, the second one would burn the first. So, the question is whether Karsh (base or adv) having the Imperator card on him would burn it by merging, effectively losing 3 votes during bloodhunt referendums.

I was thinking about this too. I think if he has the vote card and then is merged, he would burn the card because the text would take precedence. But if he is merged, then given the title, I think he would still burn the vote card because he already has the title (similar to your example above). However, the title in his text is the same in name as that given by the political action but it is different in the abilities it gives.

I wonder what Pascal will say.

More
08 Sep 2011 19:58 - 08 Sep 2011 19:59 #9774 by Lech
Replied by Lech on topic Re: Karsh ADV and Imperator

I was thinking about this too. I think if he has the vote card and then is merged, he would burn the card because the text would take precedence. But if he is merged, then given the title, I think he would still burn the vote card because he already has the title (similar to your example above). However, the title in his text is the same in name as that given by the political action but it is different in the abilities it gives.

I wonder what Pascal will say.

Why ?
Imperator is just unique camarilla title worth 3 votes with no additional rules, he gain 3 votes in blood hunt via political action card text and 3 votes from his own card text.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.
Last edit: 08 Sep 2011 19:59 by Lech.

More
08 Sep 2011 20:35 #9776 by Robert Scythe

But if he is merged, then given the title, I think he would still burn the vote card because he already has the title

No, he would lose the title that his merged ability gives and then gain the title from the card and its ability to gain 3 additional bloodhunt votes.

More
08 Sep 2011 20:58 - 08 Sep 2011 21:01 #9778 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Karsh ADV and Imperator

3+3+3 is 9, so advanced (or merged) Karsh with an Imperator would indeed have 9 votes in a blood hunt referendum.

Wait let me get this straight;

Advanced Karsh with an Imperator political card on him, during a blood hunt gets:

Imperator Unique Title: 3 votes
Imperator special card text: 3 votes
Karsh Advanced special card text: 3 votes

3+3+3 = 9 votes. That seems somewhat obvious.

Then you merge Karsh, giving him the unique title of Imperator. To receive a title, you first have to give up any titles you have; in this case the Imperator title from the card on him. However, I don't believe you need to actually burn the card too. So then we get:

Imperator Title (from Karsh): 3 votes
Special Text from the Imperator political card (since that stays and merely says "this vampire" anyway): 3 votes
Karsh advanced special text: 3 votes

Of course, when you actually have to burn the card you should lose the 3 votes from the political card.

This could lead to interesting scenarios. For example, I have a vampire with the Imperator title (6 votes in bloodhunts), which gets contested. I give up the title, but the card technically stays so I get to keep my 3 additional votes in bloodhunts. I suppose somewhat similar to how Gratiano's cardtext works.

amirite?
Last edit: 08 Sep 2011 21:01 by Izaak.

More
08 Sep 2011 21:07 #9779 by salem
Replied by salem on topic Re: Karsh ADV and Imperator
Nope. These days the title-granting cards have all been rewritten so that the title IS the card. So if you lose the title, you lose the card.

--
salem

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds