Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: Rules Team Rulings - rtr)

12 May 2018 07:07

Rules Team Rulings - RTR 11/05/2018

Category: Rules Questions

Villein
The amount of blood you can move is now limited to 5.

Sorry, still sinking this in. It's straight out 5? Not up to 5?

To make it clear: it moves from 2 to 5 blood.

To query your clarity: do you mean you have to declare a number from 2 to 5, or do you mean it only moves 2 to 5? As currently, because it targets the vampire not the counters, it can move 1 (or zero) blood, if the vampire has fewer than two counters.

(See also: you can declare a steal 2 blood strike against a vampire who has fewer than 2 blood.)

Villein
Master
Trifle.
Put this card on a vampire you control and move 2 to 5 blood from that vampire to your pool (usable on a vampire with 1 or less blood). Minion Tap costs you 1 additional pool. Villein costs 1 additional pool to play on this vampire.

So you choose a number between 2 and 5 included, and you move that much blood from the vampire to your pool, even if it has less.
12 May 2018 07:02

I just need something that says "lock: stick a master:discipline on someone"

Gotcha. That being the case, it would be way more productive for you to

a) Propose a new card that accomplishes this function, and/or
b) Mention that this is your hope for an errata'd Lilith's Blessing.

Because, no offense, but you might be the first player in the history of the game to even notice the cardtext about discipline cards on Lilith's Blessing. :)
12 May 2018 05:28

3 blood too much but still better than it was B)
12 May 2018 00:37

So.... can we bring back an Erratad Liliths now?

I sure hope not. "I can get an infinite number of 5-caps for the grand total cost of one pool" is still game-breakingly OP.

Yeah, but less so than 11caps.

I just need something that says "lock: stick a master:discipline on someone"
11 May 2018 22:42

I sure hope not. "I can get an infinite number of 5-caps for the grand total cost of one pool" is still game-breakingly OP.
11 May 2018 22:28

I've been saying this should happen for years.

I really don't have words.

THANK YOU!!

Also:

Is "immune" nixed because it's not streamlined with other wording?

Did hunt value X have no current changes, or did Ariadne just get nerfed?

When is Lost Kindred tournament legal?

Can we get errata to Command if the beast, leverage, power of one :pot: etc? I'm in favor of swapping weddings so the exception, not the rule gets more words, but seriously, those three cards are going in a trash can if they lost the one thing that made them matter at all.

I'm pretty sure I missed something, but that's the big ones......
11 May 2018 21:47

You can still use the old printings. You just need to follow the new text.

I know, but it gets very confusing for newer players who aren't very familiar with all the rules who may play with them.

For new players, put a small piece of PostIt inside the sleeve with the altered text, or just "Can't move more than 5 blood" or whatever on it. Although...

Plus, I'm a little OCD.

... it's less likely to help with that.
11 May 2018 21:45

Villein

To query your clarity: do you mean you have to declare a number from 2 to 5, or do you mean it only moves 2 to 5? As currently, because it targets the vampire not the counters, it can move 1 (or zero) blood, if the vampire has fewer than two counters.

(See also: you can declare a steal 2 blood strike against a vampire who has fewer than 2 blood.)
11 May 2018 21:00

Fellow Methuselahs,

Anarch is now a sect on its own (alongside Camarilla, Sabbat, Independent and Laibon). For compatibility, all cards that were previously available to Independent will now also be available to Anarch.....

Emphasis on "all" is mine. At least one Independent-linked action is missing from the list. The "Liason" title action from Rise of the Nepthali was previously accessible to Anarchs. Presumably it is no longer a valid action since the title is linked to the Independent sect.

Correct?

Correct: since Liaison is an Independent title, Anarchs can't become Liaison. I'll update the RTR to reflect that.
11 May 2018 20:32 - 11 May 2018 20:36

Am I the only one that thinks Villein was fine the way it was, and basically made fatty star vamps viable? I doubt they are now.

I don't think you're the only one not happy about that but I do believe that there is a lot of players - myself included- who think that it was really needed.

I really don't think that this nerf will render fatty deck useless. Less resilient, yes. I don't think that the TWD fatty decks will die just because you Villein for 5 instead of 7 or 8.
11 May 2018 20:07

Fellow Methuselahs,

Anarch is now a sect on its own (alongside Camarilla, Sabbat, Independent and Laibon). For compatibility, all cards that were previously available to Independent will now also be available to Anarch.....

Emphasis on "all" is mine. At least one Independent-linked action is missing from the list. The "Liason" title action from Rise of the Nepthali was previously accessible to Anarchs. Presumably it is no longer a valid action since the title is linked to the Independent sect.

Correct?
11 May 2018 19:32

Boy do I hate this change of Villein. It wrecks so many of my decks (since I love fatty star vamp decks), none of which were MMPA decks or even close to being overpowered. Never thought a single argument I read in this forum about Villein being overpowered was at all justified. My star vamp decks get pentexed and rushed to torpor plenty, and Villein only delays my ousting after that, when they don't get canceled. Fatty vamps are extremely vulnerable and risky. They come out slowly. They require lots of investment of resources into one minion that comes with a big target on them. Villein made the risk and investment worthwhile. Oh well. Guess I'll have to start creating and playing against weenie decks.

Was any thought given to removing the way Villein makes your Minion Taps cost 1 more? That would have definitely lessened the blow here, since we could then splash both into our decks. I would only have to swap out some of my Villeins for Minion Taps, and could then avoid too much of a hand jam full of masters. What is the need for making Minion Taps cost 1 less now that Villein is a mediocre card?

Am I the only one that thinks Villein was fine the way it was, and basically made fatty star vamps viable? I doubt they are now.
11 May 2018 18:59

Villein

Did the Villein card text on the DrivethruRPG KoT Sets get updated?

Yes.
11 May 2018 18:48

Did the Villein card text on the DrivethruRPG KoT Sets get updated?
11 May 2018 18:11

Villein

Yeeeeeehaaa! :)

Very very good change, we've all known something needs to be done to tone down Villein for a long while now, and this sounds like a great change. Still makes it a very useful card, but no longer quite so overpowering. Minion Tap will be seeing some actual use again, I suspect.
Displaying 106 - 120 out of 203 results.
Time to create page: 0.854 seconds