Advanced Search

Search Results (Searched for: blissful agony)

23 Feb 2012 23:29

Form of Mist vs Blissful Agony?

Category: Rules Questions

If you use the Dodge version of Form of Mist, do you get to avoid the new combat, as the Dodge generally saves you from the effects of your opponent's strike?

The new combat is avoided by any Dodge, yes.

LSJ 10-20-2005

> I strike BA and my opponent strikes dodge... in some order. Does
> Blissfull Agony affect the dodger, or does it effect the combat, or
> does it effect me? Cause I mean... I'm getting out of the combat, and
> someone else is joining. Doesn't look like it effected the would be
> dodger at all...

Entering combat with the minion falls in the "things that affect the
minion" category.

Dodge protects the minion from that effect.

> So in the case whenever any combat strike effect mentions to opposing
> minion, a dodge would protect them?

The dodge protects him whether he's mentioned or not.
If he's not mentioned, though, there's little from which to protect
him.

23 Feb 2012 21:41

The new combat from Blissful Agony interrupts the continue action from Form of Mist and the new combat starts.

Huh. Ok then. If you use the Dodge version of Form of Mist, do you get to avoid the new combat, as the Dodge generally saves you from the effects of your opponent's strike?
23 Feb 2012 13:25

The new combat from Blissful Agony interrupts the continue action from Form of Mist and the new combat starts.
23 Feb 2012 12:55

So I'm in a fight vs a Salubri. My strike is Form of Mist at superior (SCE, continue at +1 stealth). My opponent's strike is Blissful Agony at superior (SCE, go fight someone else). What happens?

Blissful Agony: [VAL] Strike: combat ends. Choose a minion controlled by a Methuselah other than the opposing vampire's controller. The opposing vampire enters combat with that minion.

Form of Mist: [PRO] Strike: combat ends. If this vampire is acting -(and needs stealth when this strike resolves)-, he or she may burn 1 blood after combat ends to continue the action at +1 stealth as if unblocked. A vampire may play only one Form of Mist at superior each action.
19 Dec 2011 16:19

Form of Mist vs Blissful Agony / Morphean Blow

(Well, that's one of the problems with Warsaw Station being able to be used at any time, unlike say, Heidelberg which can't be used during an action).

I guess Warsaw Station has to be like that to be functional in the opponent's turn. If it was like Heidelberg, once your blocking Nosferatu got torporized while blocking, he would have to wait for the active player to finish his turn (and diablerize him...) before being able to use the WS.

Or he could just wait until the action was over and use it before the next action was announced? If it were to work like Heidelberg.
(Unless this ruling has been reversed or changed somehow.)

> I see. But I could block an action with Doll Face who's driving a
> Sport Bike, and after combat is over(and before the next action is
> announced) I could tap Heidelberg Castle to give the Sport Bike to
> Dancing Dana, right?

Right.

19 Dec 2011 15:33 - 19 Dec 2011 15:35

(Well, that's one of the problems with Warsaw Station being able to be used at any time, unlike say, Heidelberg which can't be used during an action).

I guess Warsaw Station has to be like that to be functional in the opponent's turn. If it was like Heidelberg, once your blocking Nosferatu got torporized while blocking, he would have to wait for the active player to finish his turn (and diablerize him...) before being able to use the WS.
19 Dec 2011 15:17 - 19 Dec 2011 15:19

What if the action is one takeable by a vampire in torpor?

Baron Dieudonne is in torpor and rescues himself. During the block attempt, you use Warsaw Station to move him to your ready region. He is blocked, plays Form of Mist to continue the action, but is sent to torpor (Loving Agony, Outside the Hourglass + Disarm).

Since the action to leave torpor is performable by a vampire in torpor, why can't he continue the action? (Assume that he can pay for it due to Coven or Blood Tears of Kephran).

If a vampire leaving torpor is blocked there is no combat but the blocker either diablerizes the vampire or the action just ends and the vampire stays in torpor.

That's interesting. Because even though the action is technically to "leave torpor" at the time of blocking, the vampire is not actually in torpor (he's ready). Can he still really be diablerized even though he's ready? (I also assume that the action doesn't "fizzle" immediately, since it would only check his valid torpor status at the start of the action and at the end of the action and he would be in torpor during both periods, just not continuously during the middle).

19 Dec 2011 08:01 - 19 Dec 2011 08:13

Hm, I forgot about Crypt's Sons.
[LSJ 20080611] shows the action taken from torpor can continue, if blocked (and, of course, if the acting vampire is still around).
However, a minion in torpor cannot continue an action that can't be performed in torpor (per LSJ's previously quoted rulings).
19 Dec 2011 02:08

This brings up a question I hadn't considered before, if the acting minion plays superior Form of Mist and is simultaneously sent to torpor by the blocking vampires Catatonic Fear or Loving Agony, does the action continue?
I can't actually find anything in the rulebook that checks if the vampire is still ready at the end of the action, and this post by LSJ seems to suggest it would work, but it seems odd (and contrary to what I would expect).

> I can't think of how to interrupt anything with Diablerie
> at all. Amaranth can always be played if one's opponent is
> going to torpor but what could it interrupt?

Form of Mist's continuance ....

If the acting minion isn't ready, the action can't continue.

Baron Dieudonne is in torpor and rescues himself. During the block attempt, you use Warsaw Station to move him to your ready region. He is blocked, plays Form of Mist to continue the action, but is sent to torpor (Loving Agony, Outside the Hourglass + Disarm).

Since the action to leave torpor is performable by a vampire in torpor, why can't he continue the action? (Assume that he can pay for it due to Coven or Blood Tears of Kephran).

If a vampire leaving torpor is blocked there is no combat but the blocker either diablerizes the vampire or the action just ends and the vampire stays in torpor.
18 Dec 2011 14:44 - 18 Dec 2011 14:45

This brings up a question I hadn't considered before, if the acting minion plays superior Form of Mist and is simultaneously sent to torpor by the blocking vampires Catatonic Fear or Loving Agony, does the action continue?
I can't actually find anything in the rulebook that checks if the vampire is still ready at the end of the action, and this post by LSJ seems to suggest it would work, but it seems odd (and contrary to what I would expect).

If the acting minion isn't ready, the action can't continue.

18 Dec 2011 14:26 - 19 Dec 2011 15:45

If the acting minion is no longer ready, the action can't continue.
[LSJ 19980511] / [TOM 19951001] wrote:

If the (ready) acting vampire goes to torpor, the action cannot continue

[LSJ 20090325] wrote:

The (ready-minion-requiring) action continually checks the acting minion's readiness. If that check ever fails, the action fizzles.

Form of Mist vs Amaranth is a special case. "Diablerie is too disruptive to have the action continue beyond that point": [LSJ 19980819] and [LSJ 20031207] . Note that the disruptive part is the blood hunt referendum. If you manage to burn the opposing minion during combat (Decapitate, ...), you can continue the action afterwards.
18 Dec 2011 14:07

Vampire A (acting, blocked) plays Form of Mist.
Vampire B (non-acting) plays Morphean Blow [val].
Combat ends and Vampire A continues to take the action they were taking. Continuing an action that's already in progress doesn't have the same checks as starting an action anew.

[LSJ 20100221]

On Feb 21, 12:43 pm, botipeti <> wrote:

> Let's say vamp A blocks vamp B and in combat vamp B plays Torrent to
> continue the action and vamp A plays Morphean Blow inferior. Can vamp
> B continue the action or continueing is the same as taking an action
> which he cannot do because of Morphean Blow?

He can continue. Similarly, if he lost a single blood in combat and
was then empty, he could still continue the non-hunt action, eve
though empty vampires cannot take non-hunt actions.

14 Dec 2011 08:24 - 14 Dec 2011 08:26

Heys again, I try not be frequent here but another question occured...

Acting vampire plays Form of Mist, the blocking playes Morphean Blow or Blissful Agony... What happens?

Morphean Blow: I suppose at [val]: the vampire cannot take actions anymore, but I don't think it affects the current action which has already been taken and is now being performed.

Blissful Agony: the new combat disrupts the action (such as Psyche!, Telepathic Tracking etc. would do). groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/f878c5f356e883b8
Displaying 121 - 135 out of 169 results.
Time to create page: 7.197 seconds