question-circle Remember me

30 Dec 2010 18:37 #169 by bakija
Replied by bakija on topic Re: Remember me
Yeah, it keeps not remembering me. I log in, click the "remember me" box, leave, come back, and it doesn't remember me. I'm using Safari, currently. And I don't think it is the way I have my browser set, as other sites that offer to remember me do, in fact, remember me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Dec 2010 20:43 #171 by jhattara
Replied by jhattara on topic Re: Remember me
bakija, do you close your browser in between? I didn't have time to test if that affects it. Anyways, I'll do more testing on this once the site is up for other purposes and try to fix it.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
30 Dec 2010 20:59 #175 by bakija
Nah--I didn't close my browser. Now that I am paying attention, when I leave the site and come back without the computer going to sleep, it continues to remember me (i.e. if I navigate away and then come back in a few minutes without leaving the computer in between, it remembers me). But when I put the computer to sleep and come back an hour later or whatever, it doesn't remember me anymore (that is what just happened).

More
06 Jan 2011 00:10 #324 by bakija
Any leads on the Remember Me issue? The site continues to not remember me, Anyone else?

More
06 Jan 2011 10:07 #328 by Amenophobis
Replied by Amenophobis on topic Re: Remember me

Any leads on the Remember Me issue? The site continues to not remember me, Anyone else?

I had a similar problem, but now it works. Not sure what changed. :huh:

More
06 Jan 2011 10:20 - 06 Jan 2011 10:24 #330 by Thargor
Replied by Thargor on topic Re: Remember me
Also having issues with it, here. Firefox 3.6.13 for Ubuntu. Seems to be OK while browsing around after logging in, but leave the window idle for a while, and it fails to remember me when I come back (browser is left open, forum is left "active" in another tab).

Looking at the cookie set by these forums, it's set to expire at "End of session", whereas other forum cookies appear to have a fixed date set way into the future. So I guess it depends how the "end of session" is determined, as to when the cookie will expire...
Last edit: 06 Jan 2011 10:24 by Thargor.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds