file eBay insanity for May 2011

31 May 2011 19:44 #4801 by brandonsantacruz

It's just a card you need like 7-10 of to use. Apparently everyone wants to build Summon trick decks, which are fun, but hardly competitive.

I don't really get why people want more than 1 or 2 Cogs. For that one Saulot/khobar towers deck? So they don't have to move it between decks? The card is nice, don't get me wrong, but hardly as good as people tend to think.

In my experience you can get a lot of useful cards by trading a marginally useful chase rare. This is why I traded Enkil Cog, Ashurs and Preternatural Strengths.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 May 2011 23:58 - 01 Jun 2011 02:41 #4805 by Sydnelson

I have 9 copies, want more 5.

I also known more 2 players that have 9 copies each one too.

I atke mines when expansion start, I buy 5 copies with cheap price and trade the other 4 I tarde with other players.

And this cards is very difficult to get buying displays, I sell isplays in brazil, I have selled at least 30 displays from this expansions and less than 10 came with Summon History. My friend Willian open 4 displays and no Summon History.

As a seller I think the 2 most difficult cards to give in a display is Enkil Cog an Summon History, an some Legacies cards too.

Enkil Cog is very expensive too, I see a auction end for 81 dolares. I'm thinking in sell someones in near future.

Why do you think this card is so extremely rare/sought? Is it overpowered? Does is enable decks that can win tables (too) easily?

I don't think Enkil Cog is overpower, it is only hard to get and very usefull. I have 13 copies 7 in a single deck to came fast and other 6 spread in other decks. I have more than 50 decks and I don't like exchange cards from than.

I want to make 2 Summon History decks, each one with 14 Summon History, looking for prices and trades difficults to get this card I think in the best way in that case is exchange cards over this 2 decks.

Fernando Cesar - Sydnelson
LackeyCCG and OCTGN VtES Mantainer

:adv: :camarilla: :vent: :obf: :pro: :tha: :DOM: :PRE: :cap8:
Prince of Rio de Janeiro

Powerbase Rio de Janeiro
Last edit: 01 Jun 2011 02:41 by Sydnelson.

More
01 Jun 2011 02:26 - 01 Jun 2011 13:08 #4807 by Joscha

I'm curious. How did you manage to obtain 6? Buying lots of displays or trading from noobs? ;)

I found two of them in my displays, bought two at ebay (somewhere around 15 USD that days, if I only knew the prizes today I would have bought more of course) and traded two in, which was a hard struggle an cost me around 10 useful rares. (Edit: It were only 8 Rares). But to be honest: Although it is fun to play Summon History (I love to summon a Remnant of the Storm and attack with him right away) I really don't see why this card is that hard chased.

Baron of Frankfurt
Last edit: 01 Jun 2011 13:08 by Joscha.

More
01 Jun 2011 04:58 #4809 by jhattara

I really don't see why this card is that hard chased.

It's a rare card that does something unique in a somewhat powerful manner.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
01 Jun 2011 05:28 #4810 by Amenophobis

I really don't see why this card is that hard chased.

It's a rare card that does something unique in a somewhat powerful manner.

In other words: design flaw. A card that is powerful, does something unique and will definitely need multiples of in a deck, it should have been a common and not a rare.

More
01 Jun 2011 10:32 #4815 by Ashur

In other words: design flaw. A card that is powerful, does something unique and will definitely need multiples of in a deck, it should have been a common and not a rare.

I agree it is somewhat overpowered, but that last bit I don´t get. Isn´t the producer supposed to wanna sell boosters, ie by making a rare much sought after? And I rather draw another of a card I need many of than my 20th copy of Giant´s Blood.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds