file Cause and Effect - S02E06

22 Feb 2012 09:45 #23842 by Lambach
Hey guys. I am a big fan of your show (is it sad that the new C&E is a highlight of my week? Yes I think so).

Anyway, I am a mostly casual player who has played a few tourneys (I am part of a playtest group), so I've played alot of VTES but have some bad habits that your show is doing alot to help me inprove.

So you referred many times to "girls" decks in this episode, but did not actually discuss any "girls" decks. I know generally what sort of decks you are talking about and I have seen some in the TWDA, but with so many references to "girls" decks it would have been instructive to see you discuss 1 in depth. As is, I still find the recursion concept of deckbuilding difficult (I think that Infernal Pursuit variant would be ridiculously hard to play).

Sorry if I seem like a total noob, but maybe I am your target audience? A long time VTES player who is not so good but is trying to get better and trying to wrap his mind around more advanced concepts of this very difficult game.

Cheers. Look forward to the next episode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2012 10:54 - 22 Feb 2012 11:03 #23849 by Surreal

tl;dr
Covering "mainstream" and "known combos" is good. But don't miss out on the "wonky sidelines" because if the entire vtes community suddenly decides that sudario or ashurs is the only viable recursion then we might be missing out on potential interesting deck ideas. Please don't just cover the trends, _be_ the trendsetters/inspiration for the trendsetters! ;)

I'm in different opinion in this. I like the show a lot b/c it focuses just strong tournaments decks and I feel there is lot to talk about that. Tournament meta in VTES is much deeper when compared to some other games. I have seen "hardcore" tournament analyze in VTES very rarely but it can be b/c bit different player base. There can be different show about more creative and casual decks.

Of course almost everybody knows what are strong decks but not so much about how much they play against other strong decks and what kind of deck is strong in what meta. That is also what I would like to see more in the show. More analyze how to play against the deck and how it works against different decks.

But I am really fan of the show. Focus really on one subject and keep tight structure. Three different deck types for one topic is good amount.

EDIT
I also think girls deck should have been discussed more.

Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 11:03 by Surreal.

More
22 Feb 2012 11:01 #23850 by Klaital
Wastaz. Summon Soul inferior gives 2 BLOOD, not pool. I wish it would be pool. :p

On another topic, I once had a really wacky deck that worked reasonably well at the time, crypt was basically Marcus Vitel advanced, Pochtli, and Carlotta. Idea was this, Marcus Vitel gets couple copies of Legion, and makes like half a dozen or so fledglings from dominate skill cards, which in the process pretty much dumps your whole library to your ashheap, and then you use Pochtli and Carlotta to get back the cards you want to use from there. Hopefully your prey had camarilla vampire so all the fledglings get +1 bleed from Marcus, either way, have someone play psychic veil and then they all bleed with as many governs as you can fetch back, which were used early game by Marcus to get Pochtli and Carlotta in the play cheap.

Now that deck was years ago, now you could probably make it hell of a lot better by adding ashur tablets there, so then after you have dumped your whole library, you fetch the ashurs back and then pop them to get back dozen cards that you need to oust your prey.

More
22 Feb 2012 11:36 - 22 Feb 2012 11:46 #23851 by Pascal Bertrand
Other recursion options are
- Waste Management Operation
- Epikasta Rigatos
I use both in www.secretlibrary.info/index.php?deck=view&id=3199
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 11:46 by Pascal Bertrand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xaddam

More
22 Feb 2012 13:09 #23854 by Klaital
I put up an updated version of my legion deck in the deck clinic forum if you want to take a look and give some input about it.

More
22 Feb 2012 13:15 #23855 by Chaitan
The free untap with necromancy version of Gear Up makes it a very strong recursion card also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xaddam

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds