file Cause and Effect - S04E03

24 Sep 2012 03:11 - 27 Sep 2012 15:28 #37614 by Forhead
Greetings!

The third episode of the fourth season is now uploaded to youtube. In this episode we talk about Flurry of Action and two decks in which it features prominently. We also talk about other non-standard multiacting as well as give some tips for drafting. Enjoy!

The next episode will air 7th of October at 20:00 CET.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Warning: Spoiler!

Warning: Spoiler!

Isak Esbjörnsson Bjärmark
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 15:28 by Forhead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er-principe, Pascal Bertrand, Dr.Mafrune, Ke.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Sep 2012 06:52 #37780 by Lambach
Thanks guys very entertaining episode. That IC deck looks fun. Might have to try it out in my Meta

More
26 Sep 2012 07:31 #37784 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S04E03

Thanks guys very entertaining episode. That IC deck looks fun. Might have to try it out in my Meta

I'm trying it today. I've changed it just a bit (swap Majesties for Pret Evasion, since Mistress doesn't have PRE), but damn this deck looks fragile as hell and very dependant on card flow (you have to bleed first via Flurry in order to multiact and/or stay untapped for blocking (Obedience) and Redirect). I'm not sure it is worth it, but it sure looks like a fun deck...

More
26 Sep 2012 12:17 #37797 by brandonsantacruz
I enjoyed the episode, but I thought there was a missed opportunity to talk about Ian Lee's recent TWD and how something like that can work. I am just personally bored by Unnamed tricks, I guess.

IC members playing Flurry of Action was interesting. Why must Nosferatu get so hosed for IC members? What's with Josef's inferior cel? (and lack of bounce or fortitude...)

Josef von Bauren
[cel][ANI][DEM][OBF][POT]
Nosferatu
Capacity: 11
Group: 4
Camarilla Nosferatu Inner Circle: You may use a discard phase action to discard a card at random from your predator or prey's hand. +1 bleed. +1 stealth.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
26 Sep 2012 18:19 #37813 by Xaddam

I'm trying it today. I've changed it just a bit (swap Majesties for Pret Evasion, since Mistress doesn't have PRE), but damn this deck looks fragile as hell and very dependant on card flow (you have to bleed first via Flurry in order to multiact and/or stay untapped for blocking (Obedience) and Redirect). I'm not sure it is worth it, but it sure looks like a fun deck...

I suppose it is kinda fragile. I don't think it's fragile because card flow, since it is a 65 card deck (and can easily be 60). But 11 caps with limited combat defense and few bounces are risky.

Adam Esbjörnsson,
Prince of Örebro

More
27 Sep 2012 10:56 #37863 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S04E03

I suppose it is kinda fragile. I don't think it's fragile because card flow, since it is a 65 card deck (and can easily be 60). But 11 caps with limited combat defense and few bounces are risky.

I gave it a try yesterday. Well, its main problem is that, in order to function, you need exactly the right order of cards if you want to survive (you really need Flurry to untap - without untapped vamp you can't defend yourself, and in order to be offensive you need to act (bleed), which has to be via Flurry and which has to not be blocked - and you don't have that much stealth).

Also, this is a rather irresponsible bleed deck. I swapped some odd stealth for 3 Spying Missions, but still, your goal is to bleed hard on lots of stealth.

Another also, this crypt is, well, lacking - my last game I had Mistress, 2 Adanas and Keith - once Mistress ended up beaten (yeah, Obediences do diddly squat if you can't untap), Adana's lack of any kind of DOM became a major problem.

I don't know, I gave this deck three tries, had some ousts but it is very unstable and very luck-dependant. Perhaps I should make a version that is less aggressive but has more consistent untap, either some kind of DOM FOR obf g1-2 Ventrues or some version of Tremeres with Rutors.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds