file Cause and Effect - S04E03

27 Sep 2012 11:12 #37866 by Pascal Bertrand
I sent you a decklist using My Kin against the world ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Sep 2012 12:18 - 27 Sep 2012 12:22 #37872 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S04E03
I didn't watch the episode, but is this IC Flurry deck by any chance related to Benoit Moyen's Order 66

Because if it is, then no, it's not very new and yes, it's very fragile but not because of cardflow or stealth. If you're getting beaten up while tapped out that's not the deck's fault and if you get stuck without Flurry's then that's an issue that's easily fixed with proper discards and use of Dreams. Also, bleeding for 3 is fairly responsible to start with and between deflection cancels (Approximation of Loyalty) and block denial you shouldn't really be ousting your grandprey.

The reason it's fragile is that it's such a small deck (which is needed to get the required cardflow) and that if your predator sports a combination of bounce and intercept, it's non-trivial to secure the gamewin before running out of deck.

If it's not that deck, then ignore me :)
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 12:22 by Izaak.

More
27 Sep 2012 13:57 #37875 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S04E03
It's that very deck, Izaak.

More
27 Sep 2012 14:05 - 27 Sep 2012 14:06 #37876 by Kiddo
Replied by Kiddo on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S04E03

If you're getting beaten up while tapped out that's not the deck's fault

Well, it depends who you're preying on, but if your Flurry bleeds get blocked, then you end up tapped, and yes, this deck very much relies on getting those Flurry bleeds through (otherwise you end up with handful of reaction cards you can't use)

Also, bleeding for 3 is fairly responsible to start with and between deflection cancels (Approximation of Loyalty) and block denial you shouldn't really be ousting your grandprey.

Eh, you bleed, prey blocks, you NEED to stealth (otherwise, you don't untap yadda yadda) and now we have a bleed of 3 on stealth. Not everyone that bounces is cap 6 or less and every bleed this deck makes is a hefty one.

Far from it that this isn't a good deck - if I thought otherwise I wouldn't have constructed it - but it turns out I like my decks a bit more stable.

EDIT: sorry for double post, my mistake.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 14:06 by Kiddo.

More
27 Sep 2012 15:30 - 27 Sep 2012 15:31 #37885 by Izaak
Replied by Izaak on topic Re: Cause and Effect - S04E03
Well fair enough, but I didn't really encounter those issues when I played a slightly tweaked version of it. Granted, that was a few years ago so the meta might be different, but I think that it should still be exceptionally strong in an environment where people play more competitive decks.

Eh, you bleed, prey blocks, you NEED to stealth (otherwise, you don't untap yadda yadda) and now we have a bleed of 3 on stealth. Not everyone that bounces is cap 6 or less and every bleed this deck makes is a hefty one.

Well, stealth or block fails, yes you need that. But the thing is, bleeding for 3 is fairly responsible. And how many flicks is he going to have? Surely you get to cancel one or so and surely your grandprey will have some way to deal with pool damage of his own.

I mean, sure if you run into a guy with 10/70 deflections and a grandprey that plays, like, no flick and no poolgain then that kinda sucks, but in general that doesn't really happen since people play decks that can oust other people without relying on a IC bleeder in their back.

That said, I did change the deck when I played it. I put an emphasis on Corazon and Fanchon (by removing Adana since she's the worst draw you can get and if you can field 3 IC's you have already won anyway). Both sport AUS CEL DOM OBF, which I used to slot in Crocodile's Tongue (in favor of Majesties). I also played more Elder Impersonations because block fails is really good and I changed the Wash and a Villein for an Anarch Troublemaker too.

Worked like a charm. :)
Last edit: 27 Sep 2012 15:31 by Izaak.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds