file New Blog - Gaming with BS

12 Mar 2016 06:12 #75952 by brettscho
Replied by brettscho on topic New Blog - Gaming with BS

I don't think the game should change based on what works and doesn't work in a highly competitive environment.

Some interesting thoughts - thanks for posting them. But this caught my eye. It sounds like you are advocating for no changes to VTES of any kind. Does that include a ban on new cards? Should we stop printing cards that attempt to shore up strategies or clans that aren't doing well? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to understand what you mean by this.

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Mar 2016 10:17 #75970 by TwoRazorReign

I don't think the game should change based on what works and doesn't work in a highly competitive environment.

Some interesting thoughts - thanks for posting them. But this caught my eye. It sounds like you are advocating for no changes to VTES of any kind. Does that include a ban on new cards? Should we stop printing cards that attempt to shore up strategies or clans that aren't doing well? I'm not trying to put words in your mouth, just trying to understand what you mean by this.

No and no. For example, I have no problem with Jumulon's Axe (equipment that cancels grapple cards such as Immortal Grapple), or if a similar type of card were printed in the future. I prefer the approach of printing counter cards to existing counter cards instead of fundamentally changing how S:CE or Immortal Grapple work. I believe the concept of counters canceling counters works well in card games, which is where our opinions differ.

More
14 Mar 2016 04:38 #75975 by brettscho
Replied by brettscho on topic New Blog - Gaming with BS
My next article has just be released. I'm going to start offering demo decks and new player kits directly through my blog. Check it out, and feel free to spread the word to new players!

Adventures in Ebay Land & Supporting New Players

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

More
14 Mar 2016 13:29 #75978 by elotar
Replied by elotar on topic New Blog - Gaming with BS
Interesting market distortions we got on ebay :)

:splat: NC Russia
:DEM::san::nec::cap4:

More
15 Mar 2016 05:41 #75983 by brandonsantacruz
Yes I distinctly remember Rickstock buying out Lasombra. Not nice.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Vlad

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds