file What do you do when you will get 0 vp's?

18 Jun 2012 21:56 #32235 by Cooper
Suppose you are in a game, and you have no way of getting a VP, you can go out any way you want.

What is the way you want?

I mean, i guess everyone has his own way of choosing which is the way to go out. I am curious as to what you guys think.

For me i think i follow these criteria (not conciously, but retrospectively)
1) I will try to do as much damage to the one i think made really irrational choices. I hate irrational.
2) I will try to hurt people who made really bad choices, without listening to reason. That's kinda the same as the before, but still a littl bit differnet
3) If i, or my deck, has been bested by someone elses, and they played it out great, i tend to try and not get in their way, as they deserve the win. (like when i just didnt get to my prey, i wont try and burn their vamps just for the fun of it, and i wont transfer out)
4) I like deals. I dont like dealbreakers. Not with me, not with anyone else.
5) I am not a fan of simple stealth-bleed. (kindred-spirits/malk97 etc). People playing that might suffer.

What are your reasons for playing as you play?
And to get this very clear, ofcourse this should all fall within PTW, in other words, you truly have no way to get more VP's.

If it is a tournamentgame or some such, other considerations might come into play btw, like preference for decks/players i would rather not see oppose me in the finals or something. Or the other way around, players/decks i wouldnt mind seeing in the finals.

:-)
W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2012 22:43 #32236 by KevinM
I almost always and do one thing and one thing only -- try to screw my predator. After all, that bastard is the one ousting me!

In the very, very rare cases where it isn't my predator ousting me, sure, I would probably try to screw the other guy as much as I could without self-ousting (which I despise in 99.99% of cases).

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
18 Jun 2012 23:47 #32238 by brandonsantacruz
If I think that I could conceivably draw the cards I need to oust, I might lunge. If it isn't that sort of deck, I might try to make a deal for .5 vps. If that isn't going to happen or the deal is likely to be broken, it just depends on how the game went. I usually won't screw with a non-adjacent player unless they started it. I might try to back-oust to buy time.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
19 Jun 2012 00:12 #32239 by Wedge
Get a drink.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squidalot, Jussi, brandonsantacruz, MSummers

More
19 Jun 2012 00:50 #32240 by Juggernaut1981
Bunker down and try ride it out. See if getting a new predator will improve my chances. Sometimes it does. Otherwise, if I have a cross-table ass-hat... then I will sometimes just crack it and cross table... but it's pretty rare generally. Deal-breaking is a fairly good way to get given the Title of Ass-Hat unless its one of those obvious cases of "I'm breaking the deal to get 2VPs and win this turn"

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
19 Jun 2012 01:54 #32241 by ICL
Pretty much the only way I believe I can't get VPs is if I can't actually do anything. If I can't actually do anything ... I can't actually do anything.

People give up way too easily.

Now, what I hope happens when I have no influence on the game is whatever maximizes my chances to get into and win the finals, but again, it's so rare that it's impossible to survive, that hoping has little to do with playing.

Extremis Boon - for all of the defeatists out there

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds