file What do you do when you will get 0 vp's?

19 Jun 2012 03:22 #32242 by AaronC
If I got back-ousted, I transfer out. Of course this rarely helps my predator in the long run since there is usually a reason that my prey wanted him as a predator as opposed to me. Otherwise I act as a poolsack for as long as possible.

I transfered out at a recent tournament final when my prey assisted my predator in ousting me. Of course, I was going to stealth-bleed him to death in another turn. I told my predator that he should let me oust my prey because he could have gotten me whenever he wanted to with his rush combat, and I wasn't so sure he could get my prey, who had an Assault Rifle and lots of tricks. I gave my predator a couple of extra actions by transfering out. As I expected, he couldn't get through his new prey, and a third player won the tournament.

So I guess I try to negotiate, too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 06:38 #32245 by Cooper

If I think that I could conceivably draw the cards I need to oust, I might lunge. If it isn't that sort of deck, I might try to make a deal for .5 vps. .. I might try to back-oust to buy time.

Bunker down and try ride it out. See if getting a new predator will improve my chances. Sometimes it does. ...

Ofcourse, these instances do not apply to the first given. If you think you have a chance at vp's no matter how, you should go for that, instead of all the other stuff.

Anymore ideas? I also heard someone say that they will go for having some effect on the table, no matter what.

W

More
19 Jun 2012 06:55 #32246 by jhattara
Depends completely on the situation. Sometimes I might self oust, sometimes I might lash out to the player who ruined my game, sometimes I just keep on playing and hope for a miracle.

:splat: Jussi Hattara :splat:
:vtes: Webmaster Extraordinaire :vtes:
Finnish :POT: Politics!

More
19 Jun 2012 07:06 #32248 by alek
try to stay alive as much as possible

More
19 Jun 2012 07:30 - 19 Jun 2012 07:36 #32249 by Kraus
Ragequit.

Get a drink.

Then this.

Seriously, though, 99,7% of the time there's a chance to get into the game again, at least some kind of a. I'll usually try my beest to stay alive, bunker, keep my predator down and DEAL like no tomorrow. If it's up to others to keep me alive, as it usually is, I'll try to offer others as much as possible to help me stay alive, either by rushes, pool votes, whatever.

Someone said that people quit way too easily. That's very true. I never self-oust. To me it's one of the most irresponsible things to do in VTES, and it ruins the game for everyone very easily. It's kind of your reponsibility towards others to try and survive for as long as possible.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 19 Jun 2012 07:36 by Kraus.

More
19 Jun 2012 08:18 #32250 by Cooper

try to stay alive as much as possible

yeah, i think i forgot that option,...i think for me it is right behind the "punish irrationalism"

W

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds