file What do you do when you will get 0 vp's?

19 Jun 2012 08:58 #32251 by Kraus

try to stay alive as much as possible

yeah, i think i forgot that option,...i think for me it is right behind the "punish irrationalism"

W

Well, I think taking that kind of a stand is a bit silly. :) Punishment isn't really the best means of education, and snapping on others because of their bad play usually just makes people angry. Not really a goal here, I'd argue.

"You ruined my game, now I'll ruin yours!" can potentially be a situation where both participants have been blinded a wee bit by personal issues. One could argue that the most objective course of action might probably be survival.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kushiel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Jun 2012 11:13 #32259 by Cooper
Perhaps it helps them understand to play rational, perhaps it doesnt. At least it gives me some satisfaction :-)
W
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
19 Jun 2012 13:38 #32262 by Joscha

Suppose you are in a game, and you have no way of getting a VP, you can go out any way you want.

What is the way you want?

Normally I follow the way of "prey must suffer" because that's my work as a predator: oust the prey. For me it's almost a humiliation when my prey wins the table. I failed as his predator. So when really all is over I still try to keep up the pressure on the prey as good as I can. (Btw. I think there is almost everytime a very tiny chance to get VPs although it looks bad. I often enough got one or more even when everything looked very bad). I rather try to cling as long as possible on the table instead of making some big punishing move on whoever and get ousted shortly thereafter.

Baron of Frankfurt

More
19 Jun 2012 14:53 #32265 by Jeff Kuta
It depends how I got into the untenable situation.

If my predator was being super-effective, I'll just play my game and be ousted.

If my cross-table allies were screwing me over, I may be vindictive.

If my prey is near death, I'll try to oust them anyway because nothing is worse than your prey getting the GW (with the exception of cross-table screw).

If transferring out will be better for the table (e.g. pre-empt an impending Temptation or Mind Rape of my vampires, giving my honorable predator oust pool so a villainous grand-predator can't sweep, etc.), then I will reluctantly do that.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
19 Jun 2012 17:40 #32276 by Robba Yaga
While my truthful answer is closer to what Jeff Kuta posted, isn't the correct answer "I try to make sure someone sweeps the table, gathering all the VPs and therefore maximizing any VPs I will or may have already earned in the tournament."?

RED
The following user(s) said Thank You: KevinM

More
19 Jun 2012 20:28 #32293 by Jeff Kuta
It is situational. If my grand-predator screwed me over to try and set himself up for the sweep, I'm more inclined to be spiteful against such greed. Also, if six free pool will give my predator a fighting chance of holding him off for a table timeout, that's an even better option. YMMV.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds