file Permableed for !Malk

13 Feb 2013 04:21 #45248 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk

why is it your goal to play with a single vampire??? This sounds like a terrible strategy.

This is not the strategy, it is what heavy combat metagame is forcing me into approx every second game. Just a plan B.

Do you mean to say that you have a lot of combat in your meta-game? If so, add 2x Swallowed By The Night to run away from them (and for +1 stealth when needed).

Swallowed By The Night does not help (sadly). TBH, even deny is more useful in my metagame. As everyone knows I can pack a load of Comma's, they rarely come unprepared. 4xSecret Passage turned out to be pretty useful, but current deck just is too master-heavy :) Just saying, as it might have looked unusual to have a gameplan using a single vampire.

Have you a significant number of cap 10+ ? Because Enkil Cog seem the perfect fit in this case.

Only 1 10-cap and usually 4-th most desireable in the crypt.

2x Madman's Quill?
Very good if you have plenty of dem minions, but also usable as +2 bleed...

This is good, I will look for them, they fit nicely into S&B mechanics and is kept by my prey instead of me!

Btw, as my metagame knows that I pack quite a few Golcondas and would come to burn my vampires, would it be prudent to add a single Abandoning The Flesh?

Abandoning the Flesh

[Reaction]
[Combat]
[Dementation]

Only usable by a vampire being burned. Usable by a vampire in torpor.
[dem] Remove this vampire from the game instead (diablerie, if any, is still successful), and put this card into play. You may not play this card if you already have an Abandoning the Flesh in play. You may tap this card when a vampire with Dementation [dem] is bleeding to give that vampire +1 bleed for the current action.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2013 04:27 #45249 by brandonsantacruz
Rather than focus on picking the best mid to high-capacity vampires to counter combat, I would suggest just bringing out more small guys. If you have several vampires it isn't as big of a deal if one or even two go down to rush. With the spare actions you can rescue them, they can hunt and then they are a fully functional DEM/dem bleeder. Include Giant's Blood and Coven to keep your blood supply up.

Just by having more minions you have more permanent bleed, by the way, and in a way that isn't as vulnerable to Archon Investigation or bleed bounce.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
13 Feb 2013 04:31 #45251 by KevinM
Replied by KevinM on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk

why is it your goal to play with a single vampire??? This sounds like a terrible strategy.

This is not the strategy, it is what heavy combat metagame is forcing me into approx every second game. Just a plan B.

If I were you, instead of trying to shoehorn cards into a deck that doesn't want them, I'd just stop playing an AUS DEM OBF deck, since it's not very good in a combat-heavy meta-game. I'd start playing some sort of anti-combat deck that eats the others for lunch and gain lots and lots of GWs and make fun of the bad combat decks while you're at it.

Then, when the meta-shifts back, because they are tired of losing to you, your !Malk deck becomes playable again.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

More
13 Feb 2013 05:56 #45252 by kombainas
This deck is actually designed to withstand combat-heavy metagame without reducing it effectiveness. I have turbine (InfoH+Zhilla+Dreams) and minion tap(should be villein)+low blood cost cards (only telepathic misdirection and elder impersonation cost blood) so I can safely leave 1-3 blood on a vamp and if they go to torpor, I Golconda them. Healthy pool + 8+caps brought out in a single turn works magic. Usual problem is that metagame rush is pretty efficient at getting in combat and more often than not they can send more than 1 minion into torpor and I find myself influencing a vamp and losing it before my turn comes. Therefore I need a reliable way to keep constant pressure even with a single vamp and backoust as necessary :)

I did try to somewhat weenify the deck, but it turned out slower, less effective at ousting and even more vulnerable in my metagame.

This is the latest version of it:

Deck Name: !Malk stealth-bleed v2
Author:
Description:
Based on Munduko Txapelketa III: Big Malkavian Deck, added a turbine with minion taps to quickly breed fat guys

Actually this worked pretty well. Turbine makes up for speed of influencing fat guys who only need blood for Elder Impersonation and Telepathic Misdirection so you can Minion Tap quite a lot at once.

Crypt (Capacity min=2 max=10 avg=6.67; 12 cards)
===================================================

2x Bloodfeud 2 obf !Malkavian:4
2x Harold Zettler, Pentex Director 9 vic AUS DEM OBF POT !Malkavian:4
2x Louhi 10 pro ANI AUS DEM OBF THA !Malkavian:4
2x Midget 3 obf pre DEM !Malkavian:3
2x Persephone Tar-Anis 8 cel pot AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:4
2x Rodolfo 8 pro AUS DEM OBF !Malkavian:3

Library (81 cards)
=====================

Master (25 cards)
1x Barrens, The
1x Bleeding the Vine
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
3x Golconda: Inner Peace
2x Information Highway
6x Minion Tap
1x Parthenon, The
1x Secure Haven
2x Storage Annex
2x Vessel
4x Zillah's Valley

Event (1 cards)
1x Bitter and Sweet Story, The

Action (13 cards)
10x Kindred Spirits
1x Pulse of the Canaille
2x Sibyl's Tongue

Equipment (1 cards)
1x Enchanted Marionette

Action Modifier (20 cards)
2x Elder Impersonation
10x Eyes of Chaos
2x Faceless Night
2x Into Thin Air
2x Marked Path
2x Spying Mission

Reaction (16 cards)
5x On the Qui Vive
8x Telepathic Misdirection
3x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Combo (5 cards)
1x Abandoning the Flesh
2x Deny
2x Swallowed by the Night

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4a. (Feb 13, 2013 08:55:32)

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
13 Feb 2013 07:24 #45253 by Lemminkäinen
Dive into Madness would allow you to have the big guy use it for permableed while the little guys with :dem: could use it to get :DEM:. That way you could have the support cast be smaller and therefore not such a big loss if they get torpored.

OTOH, if you only have one dude, then he is better off bleeding than using an action to get +bleed 90% of the time (unless you have multiact).

As for the deck that you posted, seems a bit light on stealth. Changing some of the Eyes of Chaos for Confusion, maybe? Also, why 2xBloodfeud and no Jackie?

More
13 Feb 2013 08:49 #45257 by kombainas

As for the deck that you posted, seems a bit light on stealth. Changing some of the Eyes of Chaos for Confusion, maybe?

Light intercept is uncommon in my metagame, but I guess I will add 2xElder Impersonation to get past walls and/or change 2 EoC to Confussion.

Also, why 2xBloodfeud and no Jackie?

Bloodfeud usually is bound under agreement not to bleed for not to be rushed. He takes Vessel then, hunts or fetches cards with Tongues. obf is superior to DEM under such conditions.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds