file Permableed for !Malk

14 Feb 2013 17:30 #45296 by ICL
Replied by ICL on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk

Mostly Massassi pitch-additional-strike-press-wall or Lorance Blood Brothers (setting range), rarer cases include !Salubri ala Langa and Adonai press-prevent-all combat, or Kiasyd press combat. The first two are the nemesis :D .

So, the Massassi deck beats No Trace with Psyche! and the BB deck beats it with Immortal Grapple? In theory, if you have a 10 cap out, you can Mental Maze all of the rushers.

Though, part of the reason I asked was to get an idea of whether the rushes were at stealth or not. Sounds like a lot aren't at stealth, which means dropping chump blockers, like Jake Washington (admittedly, more masters) or Procurers/Neighborhood Watch Commanders (actions, blood cost), would slow the decks down long enough to Kindred Spirits them out of the game.

But, really, as brought up earlier, in this sort of meta, I would be inclined to just go Protean/Dominate or Dom/For/Obf or whatever if I were going to play stealth bleed. Actually, Dem/Pro would be a funny way to go. Your crypt wouldn't even change that much, maybe just have to add some Protean masters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Feb 2013 23:21 #45301 by Juggernaut1981
I'd be thinking of retooling to a wall-ish deck using your AUS OBF. Throw them sideways by using permanent bleed with Pulse of the Canaille, large vampires, OBF and then using Mental Maze to screw the rushers. It will look like your usual S&B deck until you start actually playing the cards.

Bowl of Convergence
Anima Gatherings
Pulse of the Canaille
Mild Stealth
Telepathic Misdirections
Lots of Mental Mazes

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
15 Feb 2013 04:02 #45303 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
If you are dealing with Massassi, a single maneuver won't be enough. Consider adding some "Disguised Weapon" and ".44 Magnum." Maybe even "Deer Rifle." On top of that you would need a few more "Swallowed by the Night" and consider a few "Behind You!"

You don't have a whole lot of stealth. Consider replacing half your "Eyes of Chaos" with "Confusion."

A "Coma" or two is a nice expected surprise. However, if you see a lot of "Immortal Grapple" it won't do much good.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
15 Feb 2013 08:51 #45307 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
Massasi uses Sewer Lids and the like with dodging, so maneuvers and guns are not that useful as guns do not deliver. BB are setting range and preventing damage, so fighting back isn't that great without dedicating a whole lot of deck space.

Not fighting at all and making losses into profit seemed natural to me.

Making a Malk/!Malk peaceful wall is on my mind, but that is entirely another story.

I wonder why noone suggested making Louhi a star in such enviroment, she screws decks relying on cards to get into combat pretty hard.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
17 Feb 2013 05:14 #45323 by Klaital
Replied by Klaital on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
Only 14 stealth cards? If that is enough to get your actions through, you must be in a really interceptless meta game. I would at the very least switch most eyes to confusions. Also you have way too many masters, I would take out at least Bleeding the Vine, Parthenon, Storage Annexes, and Vessels, and replace the minion taps with villeins, probably add a coven. Also ditch the pulse and marionette, you really don't have time to get those with that fat guys, also not sure really what Sibyl's Tongues will do to you in this deck. Also switch Louhi to Jason, the World's Voice for another +bleeder.

More
17 Feb 2013 05:56 #45324 by kombainas
Replied by kombainas on topic Re: Permableed for !Malk
I would disagree about Jason. He burns blood to get bleed, which this decks cannot afford. Louhi has 3 votes in otherwise voteless (bar another bishop) deck and her ability is the only one defensive and especially effective against certain rushes. Much better spent 1 blood cost, imho. I was thinking of Lutz though, but then couldn't find justification to spend 3 more transfers for an additional +1 bleed and an abbility I would never trigger myself.

Yes, it is either wall or nothing currently in my metagame, and loads of bleed redirects. 1 stealth card per action card ratio turned out to be ok. But I did replace permableed with a little more bleed, and changed EoC: confusion ratio to 2:1.

Sibyl's Tongues are for fetching Secure Haven and/or Parthenon early. Having 2 to 8 is always good, and it is hard to underestimate its usefulness against Rush or Master hand jam. Notice that cheap, but otherwise useless Bloodfeud can play them (first 3 at least) and back them with stealth, thus making him pretty useful and even finding that Secure Haven before any of the big guys hit the table :)

Secure Haven is way of life :D

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds