file Regarding unplayable or overpowered cards

07 Mar 2013 13:45 #45854 by galliard
Is there an authority (like LSJ before) who would i adress nerf/buff suggestions for cards?

there are tons of unplayable cards now and it would be nice to use them. its better to improve existent cards than make new expansion in my opinion

just making Ascendance trifle would make it playable. Or make Deal with the Devil cost x pool but burn 2x cards at random from another metuselah hand.

is there anybody to whine to?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Mar 2013 13:56 #45855 by Ohlmann
There is this forum, and the Card Suggestion forum.

Pascal Bertrand is the new LSJ.

Note that your idea have a 99% chance to be refused, and a 1% chance to be siw month later heavily modified and taken into account. That's because changing the text of a card is something extremely costly (in that people must learn that the card have changed), and will only be done if this open new and exciting options, and/or that it help a lot with the balance of the game. Preferably both.

As a side note, both of your suggestions are likely to be ignored, because they ain't all that interesting.

More
07 Mar 2013 14:00 - 07 Mar 2013 14:08 #45856 by Pascal Bertrand
I'm not sure LSJ ever dealt with nerfing cards. He did ban some of them (PTO, Edge Explosion, Memories of Mortality), but I can't recall one he changed.

I did change Villein a couple of years ago.

Now, is it really better to have cards that don't do what they read rather than to have cards that are better than others?

We will *always* have some less interesting cards. That's a fact. Do we want to change from time to time what these cards are? I don't think so.

You're free to whine. Whining, so far, hasn't proven itself extremely useful (I'm sure we can find 10+ yo whining on Voter Captivation or Giant's Blood. Or Freak Drive).

The bottom line is: If I change Ascendance and make it Trifle, won't I have to ban it afterwards because it has become overpowered?

Plus, I don't see why Ascendance is bad. It's won a tournament recently
Last edit: 07 Mar 2013 14:08 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
07 Mar 2013 14:40 #45857 by Boris The Blade

Next challenge: Eyes of the Dead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
07 Mar 2013 14:42 #45858 by Ohlmann

Next challenge: Eyes of the Dead.

I am sure there are intermediary step. Like Twisting the Knife.

More
07 Mar 2013 14:43 #45859 by Jeff Kuta
Suggestions are great. Ascendance is not one of those cards however. In fact, it is a fundamental card of V:TES. It is a free Master which grants you 1 pool. All other Master cards with a pool/blood component must be balanced against this one at some level as they are being designed.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds