file Regarding unplayable or overpowered cards

10 Mar 2013 18:50 #45942 by Lech

Isn't draining mortals empty more or less breach of masquerade?

So more practical kindred don't go on a glut leaving trail of bodies behind but only drink so much that the doner is left alive. And can be later on reused.

It is, but, most kindred don't care that much about obeying every tenet. Camarilla vamps just do care about covering it up, others less so. But nearly every vampire kills during hunt from time to time.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2013 20:11 #45946 by Ashur

Based on what the Eyes of the Dead ritual did in the original roleplaying game, I would rewrite it like this:

Eyes of the Dead
Combat / Reaction
Only useable if you control a wraith ally or retainer.
:nec::combat: The opposing minion's controller plays with an open hand for the remainder of combat. Only one Eyes of the Dead may be played per combat.
:NEC::reaction: +2 intercept.

Another idea might be this:
Eyes of the Dead
Reaction
Only useable during an action to commit diablerie or enter combat with an ally.
:nec: +1 intercept. This reacting vampire attempts to block the current action, ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions. Useable by an tapped vampire to untap and attempt to block.
:NEC: As above, except with +2 intercept.

I thought we were talking about errata here, not making a totally new card.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
11 Mar 2013 00:26 - 11 Mar 2013 00:27 #45951 by Reyda
Proposed card text for eyes of the dead

Only usable during a D action against a vampire in torpor

:nec: For the duration of this action, any ready vampire (minion maybe?) may attempt to block with +1 intercept ignoring the usual predator/prey relationship restriction.
:NEC: As above, but with +2 intercept.

note that it now gives a temporary "eagle sight" to any potential blocker, and that it also trumps graverobbing or josette's special. ;)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 00:27 by Reyda.

More
11 Mar 2013 07:46 #45958 by kombainas
In playability this reminds me Abandoning The Flesh for Dementation. I have tried having 1 or 2 in S&B deck for quite a while, but I played it only once ever, due to relying someone wanting do diablerize you (and being reaction/combatmeans, that you can't trigger it by yourself). Same cons apply here, making it just as much unplayable.

Abandoning the Flesh

[Reaction] Reaction
[Combat] Combat

[Dementation] Dementation

Only usable by a vampire being burned. Usable by a vampire in torpor.
[dem] Remove this vampire from the game instead (diablerie, if any, is still successful), and put this card into play. You may not play this card if you already have an Abandoning the Flesh in play. You may tap this card when a vampire with Dementation [dem] is bleeding to give that vampire +1 bleed for the current action.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
11 Mar 2013 08:06 - 11 Mar 2013 09:41 #45959 by Pascal Bertrand
Abandoning the Flesh is fun in a fortitude malkavian deck, where you burn your vampire with Force of Will.
Last edit: 11 Mar 2013 09:41 by Pascal Bertrand.

More
11 Mar 2013 08:44 #45960 by Amenophobis

Abandoning the Flesh is fun in a fortitude malkavian deck, where you burn your vampire with Force of Will.

And how are you going to do that, when the card is a reaction/combat card, and not an action modifier? :blink:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds