file Forgery - when is it usable?

31 Mar 2013 21:26 #46443 by AaronC
I don't think so. "When" means "immediately thereafter". A single action can have multiple resulting effects, and there's no reason why subeffects can't happen between the different results of an action. It's the whole "The unnamed bleeds while The Rising is in play, gets the Edge first, then allows pool gain." The difference is that LSJ seemed to rule that different results of an action from a action card had to resolve in a bundle, and that is not the case with your example.

@Andy (TorranceCircle): I look at Forgery and think "bleed modifiers that require blood".

I think that Forgery might be well-suited to :ser:/:obf: decks to be used in conjunction with Truth of 1000 Lies and with :chi: bleed decks (Fata Morgana, etc.). :ser: and :chi: don't have bleed actions to my knowledge. It doesn't make as much sense to use it with :pre: and :dom: since they have good bleed actions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2013 10:50 - 01 Apr 2013 10:50 #46452 by jamesatzephyr

How does Slake the Thirst work with Capitalist and Forgery? Do you get to gain 1 blood (only affect 1 blood-gain effect at a time) or 2 (queue up a bunch of blood gain effects and Slake them all simultaneously)?

Separate effects like that aren't simultaneous. If two or more things go off in the same timing window, the acting Methuselah orders them. They don't stack up into one big block of effect. Resolve one. Move on to the next. Resolve that. Move on the next.

(Effects during strike resolution are a known exception.)

e.g. [LSJ 20011215] . Two "after combat" effects are set up:

The acting methuselah can then order the two pending "after combat" effects

Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 10:50 by jamesatzephyr.

More
01 Apr 2013 18:55 #46454 by Pendargon
in reality, Forgery is never usable and worth a card slot.

And that is coming from me, that plays all sorts of wonky cards

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
01 Apr 2013 19:15 - 01 Apr 2013 19:15 #46455 by prunesquallor

... :ser: and :chi: don't have bleed actions to my knowledge.

The Eternal Mask, at the :ser: level, is a +1 bleed +1 stealth action for 1 :blood:

Forgery might be usable for a Week of Nightmares deck, but Patshiv is already so good at keeping blood on your Ravnos swarm...
Last edit: 01 Apr 2013 19:15 by prunesquallor.

More
02 Apr 2013 06:07 #46459 by wesile
IMHO you can use Forgery as a coaster...

For 5 caps you should find better cards... if you remove the 5 cap baseline, then I might have a different opinion...

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds